Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me more

Tell me more

Hi guys just bought Meself this, was an impulse buy! saw the words pasini and bzm and at £195 I thought I'd take a risk without knowing too much about it. I'm looking to start meeting up Hullavington on Friday nights for a bit of fun and to get me away from the farm for a few hours! So is it any good or have I bought a lemon?....

Oh how do I add a photo?

It's in rossi yamaha fiat livery, water cooled with a bzm bottom end motori top end

So I have finally picked the bike up and overall I am happy with my purchase. It does need a little tlc but hopefully nothing major. For sure it needs a new chain and sprocket I will only be riding at Hully at the mo it has a 6t front sprocket whats best on the rear 70? Also the seat fairing need repairing as it's cracked around the fixing bolt. Do u think this is an original pasini fairing or another? If its original pasini I will prob have to repair as I believe they are difficult to get hold of but if its from something else maybe I could still buy a new replacement?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

And what about the front brake setup? I understand some of these didn't come standard with any front brake does it look like this was one of them and maybe the caliper mounts have been welded on after? Would anybody know from just looking at the pic what replacement pads I would need? Sorry so many questions I'm just keen to know what it is I've bought and how to get it running sweet, any help would be much appreciated

Hmm is this forum still alive or is there somewhere else?

Nifo brake setup is standard for Pasinis.
    It look ok if you can adjust them and get them working ok. Lots of people changed them as the calipers drag on the disc if the springs are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ianh8026 View Post
    Hmm is this forum still alive or is there somewhere else?
    Most people are on Facebook now :-(

So I'm hoping to get the bike put back together this weekend if all my bits turn up in time. Now I'm expecting this bike to be far to quick for me whilst I'm learning its a 49cc 6 port I believe with standard pasini under exhaust but with Cs racing end can and a 19mm carb. I've already changed to blue springs in the clutch and ive been thinking about putting a 14 carb on it whilst I get used to it. Is there anything else I could do which would make it more rideable at lower revs (beginner friendly) pls no comments saying how I should have bought a 4.2 I know that's what I should have done but I'm stuck with this now and I quite enjoy the struggle.

Correction its a 40cc not 49

And if anyone has a spare 14 carb pm me

Yes thatís all standard Pasini bits there mate

Nice bikes to ride

So still haven't got the bike up and running yet been reading as much info as possible on here to make sure I get it set up sweet. So far I've done the simple things new levers, cables, regreased bearings new chain sprocket etc. Thanks to Cuttsthedon for sorting me out with some new polini calipers which seem to fit perfectly. I've now got a new dellorto sha 14/14 carb but before jetting that I thought I'd do a air test on the engine which failed spectacularly so I've ordered myself a new gasket set so hopefully tonight il pull that apart and sort that out. I've also measured the squish but I've seemed to have quite a bit of inconsistency with the measurements being anywhere between. 35 and. 6 probably just my verniers tho? Hopefully by the weekend I might get it all up and running but I'm expecting the jetting to not be so straight forward

Finally took the bike out for the first time yesterday only at a local industrial estate just to make sure it would pull away and stop really. The bike is terrifyingly fast! I think I might to to convert it to an air cooled whilst I'm still just learning them maybe swith back to lc once I feel the need to if ever?.. Now I believe a bzm top end should fit straight on to my or crankcase? I know the polini doesn't as I bought a polini gasket set and the bolt spacings are further apart on the or motori.which leads me to believe a bzm should fit? Can anyone confirm this I'm struggling to find much info on the or motori engine. And does anyone have a spare complete 3 port bzm top end they wouldn't mind parting with?

Yes mate the OR engine is basically a BZM.

You can tame yours a bit by lowering the clutch and having longer gearing so itís not as snatchy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast