Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me more

Thanks bullit I thought as much. So I actually took the bike up to Hully this eve. I was quite nervous I nearly didnt even get the bike out the boot tbh! I finally built up the courage and got out there and loved it even if I was the slowest by a long way! I was expecting the bike to self combust or fall to bits or something, but it actually went really well. I was suffering a bit coming out the corners the clutch is very boggy but I understand this is nescessary with a new clutch. Tbh the power of the bike I didn't find to intimidating, I wont be in such a rush to Convert it to an ac now. The evening finished a little early tho I must have kicked the water pump belt off with my toe at some point which caused the pump to size but fortunately not toast me engine! Overall a great night and really happy with the old pasini!

Youíll probably find it was the other way around, pump seized and spat the belt off.

They feel very subdued when the clutch is low but when set up properly after bedding in and the correct gearing youíll definitely sh@t yourself lol.
    I canít stamd riding w/c bikes indoors theyíre too pokey. Iím taking a couple of newbies to the race weekend at Whilton in a couple of weeks.

Yea I'm keeping an eye out for an air cooled bzm top end but haven't seen any yet. I think it's gonna be easier to just buy a complete polini engine or easier still a whole new bike ��

You should come to Whilton Mill at the end of the month. So much better outdoors, no walls to crash into.

Only bzm top ends Iv got a Watercooled

Is that on the bank holiday weekend? I've got to work Sat and Sunday unfortunately.

No itís the weekend after bank holiday

Hmmm, so can u just turn up and ride? Is it both sat and sunday? I have full leathers but no minimoto boots yet and I don't fancy wearing my motorbike boots and I'm guessing trainers are a little inappropriate. Il have to see if I can get some minimoto boots in time

Friday is free practice so you can just turn up.

You can just turn up for the racing but itís a Little dearer, best to register before hand.

Just grab some motorbike ankle boots off eBay theyíll do the job. Think thereís gona be quite a few riders so will be a good weekend.

Well Im Having a little trou le with the bike now. Since my first outing on it (which ended up with the water pump seizing) it's not really wanted to rev up. I changed the water pump bearings and seals and also the crank bearings and seals as these began leaking (maybe as a result of overheating?) I've changed the spark plug cleaned out carb and tried running it with air filter removed but still no improvements! Is there anything else that I've missed? The piston and barrel looked good and I done an air test and she's 100% airtight. Help please!

Sounds like your running rich. If it had an air leak and somebody had over jetted to compensate then itís now gona be way out as youíve replaced all gaskets and seals.
    Is it an SHA carb? Come down a couple on the main jet

Yes it's sha 14/14, 88 jet in at the mo. Wat size u recommend?

Well thank goodness at least you've stuck about on this forum bullit! I changed to an 80 jet and it revs up sweet as a nut now!

Sorry been away.

Thatís great itís sorted it. Now you need to jet up until it just start to splutter then maybe go down one size.

I normally jump up/down in 2ís coz for diagnosing purposes doing it in 1ís donít make much difference to the ear.

The SHA normally needs jetting differently for summer/winter, youíll probably find when it gets cold youíll have to down jet again

I have tried an 82 jet but started spluttering straight away so gonna keep it on an 80 for now. It ran problem free up Hully last Friday so was really happy with that. Also just thi k I've bought Meself a dm......

So I'm trying to hook up a hydraulic front brake onto it now. The rotor that's already on there is warped and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells discs that will fit onto the carrier,3 stud approx 64mm centers. So whilst I'm making up a bracket for the caliper I figured I may as well make up a new disc carrier which could take 6 stud bicycle discs as these are affordable and easy to get hold of. The carrier that's on there at the mo is made of steel do u think I should do the same or would aluminium be OK?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast