Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me more

Iv made disc spacers and carriers from ally without any issues as long as it’s a quality grade and thick enough.
    Not sure how well the mtb discs will fare as they’re quite thin in comparison

I went for ally in the end 8mm thick, I've ordered it it from a website that cuts to size so still waiting for it to turn up. I measured my original disc it's 3mm thick, the mountain bike disc is 1.9. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that grc discs are 2.5mm so it'll be interesting to see how it performes being only 1.9mm. It only owes me £20 so if it's no good it's no great shakes. Out of interest I don't suppose you know what the bolt circle diameter on the grc disc and disc carriers are?

I can have a measure up for you this evening of a grc disc and the bolt spacing

That would be great!

So progress has been slow I've been v busy with work lately, but I now have the new hydraulic caliper bracket and disc carrier made up. I have to get a new hose as the one that came with the caliper is about 900mm long and is split.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Here's pic

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Good work!

I bought a BMS P1 a few years back with a floating MTB disc in it with a bolting adapter. Was raced like that for a few years so don’t see any issues with yours. If you think about it downhil bikes probably hit similar speeds and generate higher temperatures.

Sorry late to the party I know! I used mtb discs on my super and hope 6ti calliper without issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123