Thread: Is the mini moto scene dead now ?

Is the mini moto scene dead now ?

Was thinking of getting a bike again but doesn't seem to be much action on here ?

I'm afraid that everyone seems to be on Facebook nowadays and whilst I do have an account I really really hate it as it seems to kill off most forums.

Ahh I see mate, do you know any of the Facebook groups ? Also where are things put up for sale now , I remember when the for sale page on here used to be jam packed

Fab racing this weekend at whilton mill karting Northampton
    2009 dads champion on a blata b2 / 4.2 blata elite a/c rd 8 1st .... Brandon Payne nmrrc metrakit 50cc & junior proddy champion 2013/14. . 2014 Nmrrc senior A\C 3rd ...with no" weight split.."..Brandon Payne metrakit 50 champion and junior proddy 2nd..rinding blata ultima.. Bikes..😁😁😁

Is there still a lot of people race the minis ? Do indoor kart tracks still run nights ?

From what I have heard grids are roughly 10-12 riders everyone races proddies and yep hully (m4 karting) on Friday nights Swindon karting (wroughton) is on Sunday's and not sure about everywhere else though

Yeah there seems to be plenty of action going. As said forums seem to be out of favour these days. People are stuck on facebook because it's an easy throwaway lifeski! Forums still have a place as a real information source if folk choose to use em.

Personally I despise forum apps like tapatalk and even mobile versions but that's just me I guess.

The scene as a whole seems reasonably healthy though.

I personally prefer the forum over fb, but got to go where everyone is I suppose.

I donít use forum app or mobile versions either Jase

Itís all Jennyís fault lol.

Tis the ways of the world Bullit

I hate Facebook and much prefer to go on forums but unfortunately seem to be in the minority. I must admit that I do use tapatalk all the time as I am a member of several forums still and it is by far the quickest and easiest way although I am aware of things that I have missed in the past as a result of tapatalk.

Do you still ride on one of your many mini Motos jase? How is the sidecar coming along?

Think the forum scene on the web in general now is solely for those with a natural geek-orientation (sucky term but I can’t think of the suitable appropriate one) alongside whatever the topic of the forum. Where pre-social-media there was no choice for non-geeks to join in other than to participate in forums, social media has made the whole process much easier for all, so everything’s just gravitated over there.

More and more I’m noticing niche scenes moving back the other way tho... those who took to social media in the initial peak and have been doing it for an age are all beginning to realise that altho exposure & engagement is much greater, capitalising on it is more difficult. Everything gets lost amidst the background noise. Whether the minimoto scene will turn back this way or not, I’ve honestly no idea.

This site has no desperate need to capitalise on anything. It’s just here for those who wish to use it. No pressure. For now it continues to break even on operating costs with the (small handful) of member subs coming in. The launch of Facebook Markets has had a significant impact on the use of the For Sale sections here, and in turn the amount of paying members.

Totally agree marci, it is a shame though, as some of the topics on here really were fantastic. I for one will be sticking around, in fact going to start a thread now, although, will probably be only me talking to myself but if someone can use that information later than I will be happy. Maybe one day it will pick up again fingers crossed