Thread: What the hell is this??

What the hell is this??

My friend have me this the other day and I can't for the life of me work out what make model it is, so if anyone knows or wants to have a guess let me know, pretty sure it's a 65cc but could be wrong! And it's an auto if that helps

I'd say by the blue/yellow combo it's poss suzuki. What you gona do with it?

I have stripped it down and found its a four port motori engine and has a 20mm phbg carb, not sure what I am going to do with it, might slowly do it back up and whack some supermoto slicks on and take it to whilton for some giggles!? Still got to sort the mini moto out, but am waiting on a new needle for the carb so fingers crossed when that goes in it will be running spot on.............hopefully anyway haha!! Will be ready for the endurance race though dan

Is there no VIN or engine number on it?

Not that I can see mate!! Like I said its a motori motor with adige reeds!? But no sign of frame number or anything?!? Strange! And why is you lovely bike up for sale?!?

Isnt 'Motori' Italian for Motor/engine?

'Morini Franco Motori' was founded back in 1954 by Franco Morini, a cousin of Alfonso. Franco, together with Vittorio Minarelli founded F.B.M. (Fabbrica Bolognese Motocicli) back in 1951. In 1954 Franco decided to go solo and founded his own company 'Morini Franco Motori', located in Casalecchio di Reno (near Bologna).

Apprently they make 50cc-125cc two stroke engines?!? And I am still none the wiser haha!!

Morini Franco Motors then yeah, a bit like BZM Motori. And before that it was 'Spagetti Sauce Fabrication Motorcycles' or something like that!

So have you seen anything other than just Motori?

I think this might be a LEM a kids moto x from the 80's, I think the yellow bike was the 50cc LEM auto and there was a red version called the maliguti grizzly, I raced one when I was younger. Does the kickstart go the 'wrong' was so to speak as I can remember this making it hard to start.

A friend of mine has a 50 cc malaguti grizzly in yellow. I worked on the carb on it once.

Seem to remember it had spindly front end and I could twist the bars whilst holding the wheel still with my feet.

I'll show my mate the pic on Monday night and see if it's similar.

Also the logo on the bodywork/seat is from a company that made good gear for proper manufacturers so maybe that's a good sign.

The one thing that bugs me in the pic is next to the shock/spring there is a bar with some nice weld on it attached to the swing arm? What is it? Has the rear end got suspension movement?

I am watching first time this model.are you going to rebuild it ?

Hi, I have a bike very similar to the this one it's a Desert Mini with a 50cc Franco Morini engine with a kick start that moves forward. The difference between the bikes is that mine has alloy wheels and still has the length of plastic at the rear of the seat. I would post a picture but as I am new to the forum I haven't found out how to do it yet.