Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So what have you done to your bike today?

So what have you done to your bike today?

On a slightly more basic level that doing the impossible, can be anything bike or bike related from pumping a tyre up to buying a new machine..............

These type of threads have worked well on other forums to get people posting and generate inspiration for new threads.

I finally took the broken screen out of Leo's bike only to find I'd lost the one I was going to put in, doh!

Hi, I checked over my indoor super setup.

First the clutch with a zocchi 3 shoe Relined with Huski.
    The pads are about 3/4 bedded in with a nice black glaze on them.

The brakes still have good pad life left so I adjusted those to how I like them to feel.

Chain was oiled and checked for play,not tight/loose or tight spots so no issues there.

Whipped out the sparkplug, it looked a nice colour and on the night I had zero problems with carburation so that makes me VERY happy (cheers Scotty) as big problems can and have resulted from that!!

Checked the water level in the radiator and that was fine and not lost any so that tells me my new large radiator set up is full and not leaking.

All I have to do when I want to ride it again is set the tyre pressures when I get back to the track.

Doing all this and preparing the bikes with the right gearing means that when I get there I'm paying for riding not spannering in the paddock
    Well that's the theory!!!

Cheers Simon
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RT2's :- 50 Super/Open 40 watercooled/Open 40 aircooled/4.2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All totaly agree with you Simon checking your bike after each outing pay off(Girlfriend says I spend to much in the garage), more racing.It also helps you know your bike better,I think Dads should get there boys/girls to get involved with the mechanical side more.

Now the season is over i will be completely stripping my bikes down... new bearings throughout then rebuilt loctited etc ready for what ever happens

Maintenance is the way forward,nothing worse than tinkering in the pit lane.
    Just ordered some new wheel bearings and chain for the 911 in preparation for Hully and going to re jet the carb aswell.
    RR BZM A/C & RR 07S BZM PRODDY
    1ST 2016 BMB SENIOR A/C HEAVY CHAMPIONSHIP

I checked my plug the other night and oiled the chain, all seems to be going well with my proddy exhaust setup. Plug looked ok and it got a good run last Tuesday so im hoping ive found a good medium.

Hully will be another good check for it, my new Juniors held up well at Ipswich so hopefully they are nicely scrubbed in for the 4th Nov

Ill probably whip the clutch apart this week to check my shoes are ok Then im all good for the next outing.

Received my coolant hose, brake cables, outer cables & fuel line this morning - Also my relines from Scott, may I say how superb the turn around was, couldn't have asked for a quicker service!! Gonna kick back in the garage and strip down the bike and give it some TLC with a brew and some choooons ;D.

i prepped 1 set of mini moto fairings to start paint

I`ve decided to paint my hubs and wheels black on the dm project, so tonight i`ve whacked some primer on the front hub.

Found the screen For Leo's bike but no time to fit it now! Spent what seems like forever trying to find a lid and gloves for Izaak but it's not easy ticking all the boxes and when no shops near here sell what I want mail order stuff has to keep going back. Boring....

This morning i changed two tyre's on a gp3 and change clutch spring's ready for sale. I am now off to put engine in boy's bike . I have a lot to do on bike this week

Close inspection revealed this un-wanted guest yesterday , so today I'll swap the motor over to the other frame.

Picked up a rr proddy from leeds sunday , in a bit of a state sripped right down for got to take pics But frame and wheel now at the powder coaters ready for total rebuilt

Rebuilt the super and thought how to bleed the water so whipped down the electronic treadmill turned it on full with me and the bike on board. Lol.
    Note to self: Don't rev a super on the treadmill as the clutch bites as it pulls a wheelie and shoots the treadmill back about 5 inches!!!!
    Adrenaline can also be determined as BROWN :-\

I've spent the evening crashing the banshee at Whilton and now Im prepping bodywork for the new toy

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast