Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iame M-40 Air

Iame M-40 Air

Ian can you source these and at what price?

Do these run specific Iame pipes due to the different fittings?

Kids in Italy seem to run Junior pipes rather than 4.2 pipes like in the UK

deep pockets lol
    2009 dads champion on a blata b2 / 4.2 blata elite a/c rd 8 1st .... Brandon Payne nmrrc metrakit 50cc & junior proddy champion 2013/14. . 2014 Nmrrc senior A\C 3rd ...with no" weight split.."..Brandon Payne metrakit 50 champion and junior proddy 2nd..rinding blata ultima.. Bikes..😁😁😁

Hi Scott, yes I can supply them. They've been available for a while now. I'm guessing that they come with a pipe and although I havent had an official price I believe from what I've seen elsewhere that the price is similar to the watercooled engines....i.e. heading towards the 2k mark. From the looks of the Lisci site theyre available with or without the carb/pipe.

http://www.iame.it/iame/en/products/...r&id=4&pass=si

Let me know if you want the price etc confirming and I'll give em a ring.

Minimoto must be in the same territory as karting in europe! I guess the next question would be do They get through several barrels per season?

Looks good though.

Any official hp and torque figures for these?

Quote Originally Posted by jibberwobble View Post
    Minimoto must be in the same territory as karting in europe! I guess the next question would be do They get through several barrels per season?

Looks good though.
    I dont know where you got the impression that they go through several barrels a season from but, if the air cooled engine runs with an Iron liner like the watecooled engines they do require periodical piston replacement and a hone. IAME also recommend the little end bearing is replaced every 10 litres on the watercooled engines..........the 50cc engine in particular is running 17000+ rpm. Theyre not a fit and forget engine, you do have to be committed to the maintenance side of things.

Please dont get the impression the I'm disrespecting the IAME range as I'm not. My comment was due to me having heard somewhere along the line that Hans has got through several barrels (water cooled) but I dont remember where I heard that so it's possible that its an exaggeration manifested on the grape vine. I thought that it would be something a potential buyer would need to know before making a purchase.

So do you think the IAME's are producing big power through porting etc or are the materials used playing a part? The output figures are going to need to good though to justify the expence.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberwobble View Post
    Please dont get the impression the I'm disrespecting the IAME range as I'm not. My comment was due to me having heard somewhere along the line that Hans has got through several barrels (water cooled) but I dont remember where I heard that so it's possible that its an exaggeration manifested on the grape vine. I thought that it would be something a potential buyer would need to know before making a purchase.

So do you think the IAME's are producing big power through porting etc or are the materials used playing a part? The output figures are going to need to good though to justify the expence.
    I just thought maybe there were a few stories flying about. The top ends are supposed to be rebuilt at 10 litre intervals and as part of that process the barrels require honing out to accomodate the next size piston. Off the top of my head there are 16 piston sizes available in 20 micron steps, so the honing and piston used is fairly crucial. You dont have to do it though but the engines do lose power if you dont..................the first hone on a new engine appears to be the most crucial. The pistons have a low friction coating which wears off eventually. The additional power in the IAME comes from various things.

As far as power outputs go I dont have any figures for the aircooled engine. The water cooled engines produce similar figures to the tuned BZM engines but the IAME engines benefit from higher torque outputs and *spread of power*, particularly on the *50cc* engine. IF the watercooled engines are anything to go by the aircooleds will be fairly rapid...........but much depends.

As far as the pricing goes, yeah its not compatible with our culture atm. Last time I bought a 420 BZM engine I paid 300 for it new.............the dealer wanted rid of it regardless of any profit just to get it off his stock. Its not that the cost of these things is all that high, its the cost of the alternatives that are so low atm.

Thanks for the info

Just thought I would be a pain and bump this up as I have done so research and these IAME engines are getting more common now, although still havnt seen an a/c version I guess it's a sort of taboo subject as the engines have been out for two years now so it begs the question if they are that good why aren't we seeing more on the grid?!

There is already one on the grid mate. And iv heard of possibly another for next season.
    Get your wallet out

Yeah jay kings getting a ac one, talking to me about it right now, I'm going proddy next year, less money for more speed as I'm seeing it ATM, only so muh you can do to a polini engine before it goes boom lol, don't get me wrong ill have a iame anyday but just can't justify that much money

I like the way the fins on the head are already cut away and ready for a big pipe!!!

The iame air cooled m40 is 1249. There will be a few out there before the end of the season. The current rules prohibit them from the junior classes, if it weren't for that I think we'd be seeing a lot more of them.

Is that 1249 for the whole package or just the engine .......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast