Thread: New To the Northern Ireland mini moto scene

New To the Northern Ireland mini moto scene

Hey guys, i have just got a b1 rep and am looking to start racing, can anyone provide me with details of how to start or where to start, and what safety gear will i have to have?

Thanks
    Paul

nutts corner and you will need a suit back protecter boots and hemlet

race at Castlefin this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pauljb1
    Hey guys, i have just got a b1 rep and am looking to start racing, can anyone provide me with details of how to start or where to start, and what safety gear will i have to have?

Thanks
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

There is a round of the Irish championship at Extreme karting, Castlefin Co Donegal this saturday (26th). There is usually practice on the friday evening before. It is a great track to start on as you will learn the art of cornering quickly there.
    MMRCI championship details here.
    http://www.streetfighterracing.com/

enjoy!

Jules

hi,

Thanks for the info, do i have to pay to pratice and do i need full leathers, i got a hat, but at the min cant afford leathers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauljb1
    hi,

Thanks for the info, do i have to pay to pratice and do i need full leathers, i got a hat, but at the min cant afford leathers!

Thanks
    Yep you have to pay for the practice. About 10 euro an hour i think.
    Some use two piece leather jacket and trousers if they don't have a full suit or cordura minmoto suit. It's primarily the kids that the safety gear is compulsary for.
    At the end of the day it's your skin and bone so go out and beg or borrow something to keep u safe.

Welcome to the irish minimoto scene. All I can do is agree and back Jules up.

Race this weekend at Castlefinn although Minimotos NI are holding a practice on Bank Holiday Monday 28th August at Nutts Corner too.
    As for protective gear, I'd tell you to wear leathers or a minimoto suit even if you have motorbike gear like the cordora stuff its better than nothing.

Jonny

Friday Castlefin - What cost and time

[QUOTE=fmmrc]Yep you have to pay for the practice. About 10 euro an hour i think.

Julian
    Do you have to have paid to join Castlefin 'club' to practice on Friday?
    ie:- like on a Monday( we went on a Monday and they wanted 60 euro plus the days track fee ) I thought it a bit much as according to the girl there ,it only entitled you to go on a Monday and as I work over night on Sunday/Monday and I live 100 miles away we would never be there on a Monday!
    Also what time do they run on Friday?
    Cheers
    John

John,

My understanding of the situation at Extreme Karting, is basically you pay the membership to the club for a year and then you pay so much each time you go for the track time (Like Jules said at 10 euro a hour or something). You are then entitled to attend the track any day and have a go. You will be brought in if there are people who wish to go out on karts and then allowed back out after they finish. This doesn't eat into your time.
    As for Friday I think it is the same.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Jonny

I think Jonny is about right there John,
    Monday is minimoto day, and after a one off joining fee for the year you get a choice of a full day, half day or 10 euro an hour deal.
    They try to accomodate people arriving to try their karts in between minimoto sessions, but it works ok as it gives you a break as there's never many minimotos there for practice anyway.
    Friday before a race is much the same. Officially it's 6.30pm to 8pm or so, but if you arrive early they will let you go between the karts sessions if they are not too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by fmmrc
    I think Jonny is about right there John,
    Monday is minimoto day, and after a one off joining fee for the year you get a choice of a full day, half day or 10 euro an hour deal.
    They try to accomodate people arriving to try their karts in between minimoto sessions, but it works ok as it gives you a break as there's never many minimotos there for practice anyway.
    Friday before a race is much the same. Officially it's 6.30pm to 8pm or so, but if you arrive early they will let you go between the karts sessions if they are not too busy.

So, you have to join to get a practice on the Friday !

Not sure John,
    I think the 'official' friday nite practice before a race might be different.

their number is:- 00353 86 8888 041

hi guys, well i missed the last couple of dates there, cause i havent quite got the bike up and runing yet.

Is there any more dates up and comin?

I really wud like to get started into racing the bike, or at least getting out on tracks when if its just pratice!

Thanks for the help

What about sprucefield? is it open to poeple bringing watercooled bikes?

sprucefield is good its on thurs nights 6-9pm. theres some watercooled bikes there.