Thread: Blata 2.5 need more speed

Blata 2.5 need more speed

Hi gang I have just purchased a used blata 2.5 this is my first Minimoto and it is wickedly good fun but I now need more power, what can I do?

Porting?
    Big bore?
    bigger engine?

Im sorry to say this but your better getting a new bike because with blata's you cant do much to them.

Im not sure but you mite be able to put a polini engine in but im not sure.

the blata 2.5 was only intended as a toy. it is possible to gain more power but be careful, if you get hooked you will be wanting to sell it and buy a proper minimoto within weeks.
    julian at minimoto racing does a big carb and air filter, which will make a great difference, no one yet does an exhaust. finlay tuning can port and set up the engine.
    even with all this done though it won't be as fast as a 4.2hp minimoto which can be bought 2nd hand from about 500.

toadsnood,

I have to agree with what been said already. If your ready to move on, then consider a polini engined bike.

Or a Blata Elite 13 (unfortunate number for it) They are air cooled and produce about 8hp new. Quite a cheap bike to start off on but not to the standard of the polini engined bikes. If you are interested in a new or secondhand one contact me by personal message

Thanx guys
    I think I will try to sell it and buy another
    which is best for 5-700? obviously a polini enegined one but there are loads to choose from

8) buy a pasini and you can be cool like me!

we sell a jet & air filter kit for the Blata 2.5......
    you remove the old type fit new with jet & it will go much better....
    call 01252 332279 for cost as my mind has gone plank.....
    you can get one next day in post.....
    Nige
    THE PEDSHED