PDA

View Full Version : Numbers on bikes??????

lowkeyciv
07-07-2002, 05:10 PM
i was wondering if i can put any number i want on my bike or do i get one when i go racing??? :D

lowkeyciv
07-07-2002, 10:34 PM
c'mon there has to be someone with some knowlege of this so please respond sombody!!!

Skin
08-07-2002, 12:17 AM
It's like any form of racing, the same rules apply:

So long as no-one else has the number the organisers are usually accommodating. I've come across one or two cases where they've tried to keep the numbers under three figures (under 100) but apart from that if it's your lucky number and no-one else is using it - it's yours.

Just ask the race organisers, they normally do whatever they can to make it a better days racing for you.

Skin
8O

rea
08-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Do me a favour. I do the scoring for three different rounds and I would really appreciate somebody who doesn't go for three numbers as they are hell to score!!. Actually when you go to sign on you should be told what numbers are already allocated for your class and 99% of all organisors have numbers available for your bike so don't worry about your No. until you get to the meeting and it will be all sorted out for you.

Jaz
08-07-2002, 09:06 PM
lowkeyciv, rea's answer is how it works in the UK. If you like to keep your number year after year turn up early at the first round and you should be ok. It all depends on how the organisers do their admin.

pretty prancer
08-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Most organisers offer a membership scheme therefore your number is yours for the year - that's what I have found anyway. :D

trevor sellars
08-07-2002, 10:44 PM
lowkeyciv, try DNF instead of a number, confuses the hell out of the marshalls.

Trev

Skin
08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Everyone take note...

I reserve this number now!

In both the ACU and SEMRC.

In the name of MAT!

James 8O