PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's outtage...

Marci
12-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Sorry about that folks - one of my server admins upgraded the box to latest backend software (PHP & MySQL) - no-one knew it'd take out vBulletin in the process!!

My rather brutal fix has been to bypass completely all error-handling within the forum's code, therefore any further shenanigans shouldn't trigger a recurrence, HOWEVER... we're mid upgrade at the moment. Unfortunately the server errors won't allow me to continue with the upgrade, and it's not in a safe state to roll back either, so you may find some odd things happening here and there.

We're scheduling a timeslot to upgrade the server's main OS which will allow us to recompile all the backend which'll hopefully then allow me to continue with the forum grade and all can then get back to normal!

jibberwobble
13-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Excrement, hope all goes smoothlyish :)

jas328sport
13-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Absolutely no idea what any of that means lol but I have every faith in you to sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jibberwobble
13-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Something about his tennis coach needing a new upgraded butt plug but he was half way through taking a dump when one of the other gays tried to refashion it into a square shape without his coach noticing and splitting his colon in the process.

Yeah??

jibberwobble
13-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Marci I was just going into admin to jiggle the Blata section around a bit (RE: new blata dealer) but got this message so did not proceed any further................

Security Alert!

%1$s still remains in the /install/ directory.

This poses a security risk, so please delete that file immediately. You cannot access the control panel until you do so.

​Do you need to do anything with this or do I have to do anything??

jas328sport
14-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Something about his tennis coach needing a new upgraded butt plug but he was half way through taking a dump when one of the other gays tried to refashion it into a square shape without his coach noticing and splitting his colon in the process.

Yeah??

He he he

Marci
15-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Nope just ignore for now... s'a false-positive that'll clear once the server is sorted.

jibberwobble
15-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Cool............

jibberwobble
16-07-2015, 12:41 AM
Tried but it wont let me past, just keeps refreshing the same screen. Whilst on the subject there's been something up with the site for yonks, have not been able to publish stuff to the front page this year (hence the old FAB 2014 dates etc) it just posts a load of blaaaaaaank where the text was? no immediate need to sort but it would be nice to be able to give the place a little jolly up and re-energiiizze sometime in the next few months.... when my 'little' project is finally complete!

Marci
16-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Hmmm - will push over to full-blown vB5 then once J gives me the word. They've completely overhauled the front page CMS bit. I'll trash the install directory and see if it does the job for the error... s'there but empty at the mo.