PDA

View Full Version : Reed Valve and Boost Bottle

wh1t3h34d
16-05-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm currently working on CAG project just for a bit of fun and I want to see what kind of speeds I can get out of it. I've heard loads of different things, but just wanted to get some advice because I'm a beginner. I have bought a boost bottle kit, but when I went to install it, the existing carb manifold had a reed valve on it. In order to install the boost bottle would I have to remove the reed valve - or can I have the reed valve and the boost bottle at the same time? Plus, how would changing this all affect the performance?

Cheers for the help in advanced.

simsimmer
16-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Hi, what ever you do you need the reed valve. It will not run without it!

Cheers Simon

wh1t3h34d
16-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Okay - do you think it would be any good installing the boost bottle too?

jibberwobble
17-05-2015, 10:59 AM
No. Its a crappy strimmer engine, it will always be low performance unless you change all of it will cost more than a real engine. Sorry to be blunt but thats the way it is and we've all had this convo many times before. If you have a CAG your best bet is to try and get it reliable and just ride it...... on a track.

wh1t3h34d
17-05-2015, 02:06 PM
To be honest I just want to have a bit of fun building it up. I've swapped out most of the engine with new parts: High performance cylinder head, high performance plug, high flow air filter and 15mm carburettor, balanced crank, ported piston windows, upgraded clutch and bell housing with pinion support.

simon
19-05-2015, 09:30 AM
listen to jibberwobble, (iv been there and done it) it doesn't matter what you do to a cag engine it will still have poor performance (putting on some of the mods actually made mine slower and have worse reliability) and in the end was a waste of money, I would just ride it till it breaks and then get a proper bike.

Chute
19-05-2015, 07:39 PM
what they all said. ^ them up there.