PDA

View Full Version : Dry spark plug. Very confused.

cammyshade98
19-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Okay, I have a cheep CAG Mini moto dirt bike. Got it, worked fine needed some work. So, after a new carb, throttle, 2 shoe adjustable clutch, flywheel, pulstart, reeds, coil and spark plug. It refuses to start!! the carb is brand new and not blocked (i checked). Now it pulls and sounds like it doesnt want to go, but if i Put fuel down the spark pluh hole and pull it it starts first pull. But after idling for 5-10 seconds it cuts out and the plug is bone dry. There is fuel getting to the carb and when the drain screw is removed and the ful tap turned on there is a steady flow of fuel coming out the hole. What could be causing the fuel not to reack the engine? Im baffled. Its about to get binned.

1armbaker
19-03-2015, 05:25 PM
When u cleaned the carb you did not fit the float valve into the float which means the float valve will not open and not allowing the fuel to reach the cylinder

cammyshade98
19-03-2015, 05:33 PM
When u cleaned the carb you did not fit the float valve into the float which means the float valve will not open and not allowing the fuel to reach the cylinder

I never touched the carb i took the float bowl off to check the jet was clear before instalastion. It was the inlet manifold was not seated correctly as it is a plastic pos. New one ordered but the bike starts as is until vibrations make the carb loose again.

Bullit
19-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Have you got the standard **** carb with the plastic white tap? Those never work.

What reefs have you fitted? Might be too heavy to open?