PDA

View Full Version : *** nmrrc 2015 summer championship date, tracks & registration ****

baddad
02-01-2015, 06:51 PM
*** SUMMER 2015 CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR IS NOW LIVE ON WEBSITE ***

The full calendar is now live on the website.

As most will know we are transferring to a state of the art Taghuere timing system for the start of the 2015 summer championship in March.

The system will enable us to have transponders for all riders along with having live timing available at the track through your Smart Phone, Tablet or Laptop.

If you wish to purchase your own transponder we will charge you £49.95, the transponder is then yours to keep. This will also effectively make you a REGISTERED RIDER which gives you the following benefits.

** PRIORITY ENTRY **
Allows registered riders the opportunity to enter each event via a special page on the website 7 to 10 days before entry is opened to the general public, this means that no matter how big the championship gets there will always be a place on the grid for registered riders.

** SECURE YOUR RACE NUMBER **
By registering you save your race number for your class - this is on a first come first serve basis. If you have bought a transponder we know you are serious about coming racing with us.

** DOWNLOADABLE LAPTIMES **
After every Race meeting or Test day you will be able to download all of your lap data for each event straight to your Smart Phone, Laptop or Tablet.

** DISCOUNTED PRACTICE FEES **
All registered riders will be eligible to a discount on all NMRRC run Practice days throughout the year.

** REDUCED ENTRY FEES **
Entry to First Class £45.95
Entry to a Second Class £35.00
Family Entry (1 adult & 1 junior or 2 juniors) £80.95
Family Entry (1 adult & 2 juniors or 3 juniors) £115.95

Transponder Hire per person per event if you haven’t purchased one (Refundable Deposit of £20 will be required) £10.00

** FULL YEAR ENTRY DISCOUNT **
If you pay for your entry fee for all 10 Rounds in advance at a cost of £459.50 we will give you the Transponder worth £49.95 free of charge as well. This will also make you a registered rider. This option will only be available upto February 10th 2015.

There are quite a few new things coming in for 2015 which i will publish tomorrow.

Sadly one of the new tracks couldn't be confirmed by the cut off date. However if still possible we will run this very prestigious circuit as a feature round sometime during the year and add it as a championship round for 2016.

http://www.nmrrc.co.uk/#!2015-championship/c20a1

baddad
02-01-2015, 06:54 PM
The above went live and up on Facebook around 9pm last night and the registration take up has gone through the roof. 30 riders registered already - its going to be another very very busy year.

Loads of new things coming for 2015 - will be updating website with details later this evening and posting a link here.

kwaker
02-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted....all great stuff for the minibike scene.

Bullit
03-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Is it same regs as last year?

baddad
03-01-2015, 08:50 AM
I'm just waiting on the Mini Moto regs so I can publish them together- the gearbox regs are pretty much the same with a few adjustments such as max BHP output for stock classes and we are dropping the 125cc class in Junior Gearbox and also introducing a Junior Bambino Gearbox class.

Skefs
20-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Any update on the senior mini Moto regs mr baddad?!

baddad
21-01-2015, 09:50 PM
hahaha beat me too it.

Martin and Adrian have been beavering away at them

Ive just made a post on the facebook page regarding a survey on a possible weight split in the Senior A/C class

Its hear https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N8iksWzqDID5vQZeO-flV5x1vKMp8ZuYD-3Y9qoeHQg/viewform?usp=send_form

If your planning to ride in the class your opinion DOES MATTER

They have pretty much finished the Productio new Open class regs inc Supers and also a Junior Novice/ Pro class split.

kwaker
21-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Is the Junior class split going to based on weight or age?

baddad
22-01-2015, 05:05 PM
My understanding is it's ability - personally I'd like to see a weight equalising system but don't know enough about the minis to suggest how that would happen

kwaker
22-01-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree I'd like to see an attempt at power to weight ratio equalisation, in karts they add lead weights but this not really practical for minis.
6-16 is a huge range and you can have a 2:1 weight difference. The way it seems to be done in Italy is different size restrictors' to try to equalize the power to weight ratio instead. They seem to do it based on age though rather than weight, maybe because it easier to police than keep weighing kids as they grow over the season.
Whatever you do to split at the boundaries there will be winners and losers, but differences would smaller than say a 16 year for old with same ability as a 6 year old.
At the moment with no power to weight equalisation the older kids stand little chance of competing this year because there some talented younger/smaller/lighter kids.

baddad
22-01-2015, 06:13 PM
The age has been dropped to 14 I believe so that the difference isn't quite so big - I come from a karting background and am implementing the same rules learnt there in bambinos and junior gearbox which will be atleast a minimum weight level. Doubt I'll get it done for 2015 but maybe - when I asked some about weight limits and balast on mini motos I was told you cant add balast to a mini Moto. With the bambinos and Juniir gearbox class I know you can and have bought some bolt on weights from karting to prove the issue. I have been saying for 2 years now that Minimotos seems to be made up of the haves and have nots as does seem that there is missing a "stock" budget class that people can have an option to run in to eliminate buying positions as much as possible. Tell me I'm wrong but from looking from the outside in it does seem very unbalanced ?

kwaker
22-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I think that adding weights to minimotos is not really practical or probably safe from a handling point of view, which is probably why the exhaust restrictor size is used instead in Europe to equalise the power to weight ratio, the engine manufacturers support this as well by producing different resitrictors/exhausts/manifolds etc.
The FIM rules for 2015 aren't out yet but here is some excerpts from previous years, seems quite simple to me classes for age ranges with different size restrictors.
Although it is done on age rather than weight though.

RR06.1.3 CLASSES, AGE LIMITS AND RIDERS WEIGHT
Class Age limits
JUNIOR A 2-stroke + 4-stroke 7 – 10 years
JUNIOR B 2-stroke + 4-stroke 10 – 12 years
SENIOR OPEN 40 12 – 15 years
SENIOR OPEN 50 13 years and up

The limit for the minimum age starts on the date of
the rider's birthday. The limit for the maximum age
finishes at the end of the current year in which the max. age has been reached.
There is no weight limit for the riders.

As to your point about the costs over the last couple of years, I agree it has cost a me personally lot!
But I think it has happened because the rules in the UK until middle of the 2013 season only allowed Polini series I engines, but these engines had become obsolete and the rules changed to allow new engines with restrictors instead to limit the power. This was kind of a sudden change which meant that there were not any 2nd hand engines of this new generation around so if people wanted them they had to fork out for new ones. I think that is changing now and there are now 2nd hand engines of this new generation of engines around so the cost to entry should hopefully lower from now on.

Anyway there's my twopence worth , from my point of view even for the reduced age range of 6-14 , it is not a fair race between two riders a 6 year old and 14 year old of the same ability and average weight for their for the age. The average weight in the UK for a 6 year old is something like 23kg and a 14 year old 56kg ....... doesn't seem like a fair fight to me.

What is that saying you can't please all of the people all of the time or something :)

baddad
22-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Hahaha yeah and the more I try to the more ear ache I get.

I fully agree that on Anysmall capacity race machine power to weight is one if the biggest factors alongside ability.. So if a restrictor system can be used to address that instead of balast I'm all for it. I don't know enough about Mini Motos to make an informed or fair comment but there must be a fair easy way to do it. We have our own dyno in place this year so perhaps we could try various restrictors to rider weights and see how it balances out ready for 2016 atleast. ?

kwaker
22-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a good plan.....keep up the great work :yes:

Skefs
24-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Sorry to "keep on" but any update with the rules as I need to know what I can or can't run as I am about to rebuild the engine :) any info would be great but I know these things aren't a five minute job cheers mr baddad!!

Bullit
24-01-2015, 08:03 PM
I mentioned it in fb the other day and was told by Ady regs have never been released before the end of jan in the 9 years he's been racing so you'll just have to wait mate.

HugheskiRacing
24-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Can't see anything changing all 3 of mine are nearly built so that's what I'll be using whatever the rules

baddad
24-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Hi guys I've actually got the regs but there a few little tweets to be done Inc what now looks like a certain weight split in the senior ac class. I didn't want to publish them then alter them so I've asked to hang on till its completed properly which should be the next few days. I know it's a pain in the **** but I really didn't want to be redoing them. Off the top of my head we plan to run a senior acc class and an open style class which will Inc supers. As soon as I'm sure it's complete ill get them up. To be fair to Ady and Martin they had done them and I asked them to look at a few sections again to see if we could improve them so as to include as many people as possible to save us having to run the shrinking existing production class in with the AC class.

Skefs
31-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Any danger?!?

Ady Arnold
02-02-2015, 07:54 PM
not really mate i was racing william on my aircooled and he was on a proddy

Skefs
02-02-2015, 08:07 PM
not really mate i was racing william on my aircooled and he was on a proddy

I don't get it :( but yay race day soon been out for a while so good to get back on the horse so to say so what's happening with these regs then mr ady?!

Shep0479
02-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Supers??? Yay, might have to come along to a round