PDA

View Full Version : Custom exhaust system, what should I expect?

Samuel-j
12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Hi guys,
new to mini motos but not to 2 strokes. Have used some maths and a few little online calculators to make my own exhaust system. Used bits of the original system and a few other bits. Not looking for a massive gain, picking a blata up soon, just got bored and wanted to make something.
I've essentially fitted a wider pipe from head to expansion chamber, longer and thinner expansion chamber, and modified stinger.
Engine seems to rev a lot higher and revs up a lot faster but won't be able to ride it til next week. Will there be any gain at all?
And yes it is a cag, but for cheap thrills and learning new things it's all I want at the mo!
Cheers

Bullit
12-09-2014, 05:41 PM
You won't ever make a CAG go like a rocket as it is at the end of the day a chainsaw engine. I wouldn't be surprised if what you've done to the exhaust has might a slight improvement with how the engine revs as the standard header is very long and thin.

What Blata are you getting?

Samuel-j
12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
By the looks of it, it's a baby 2.5, but it's brand new and only 50 so can't go wrong. But I haven't seen it yet so might be something else.

Bullit
12-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Most likely. A brand new Blata for 50????

Samuel-j
12-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Was a gift that was never used, then stole the spark plug from it for his lawnmower, so new minus plug... so I have been told, will find out when I get 5 minutes

Samuel-j
20-09-2014, 04:47 PM
The exhaust works! Fitted the bike with a 7tooth front sprocket and was still topping out at the same point, until the carb let go...
Got the baby blata, so much better, about as quick but rides that much better. Although my ankles are shot and after a nasty high-side I've bent the rear disk.
Worth it tho!
Cheers