PDA

View Full Version : Bredbury karting

*ToMo*
07-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Bredbury Karting Are Wanting To Do A Regular Minimoto Night If Anyones Interested?

http://bredburykarting.co.uk

Nice little indoor track open 7days a week

Dangle_kt
08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Sounds brilliant! Would you consider running it with pit bikes to help boost the numbers? I'd be up for it on my pit bike as that is loads closer than anything else, so would my mate and my little lad would be rocking his 4.2 pasini.

Pit bikes areall crash bobbined up and catch tanks so no damage to the track.

When you thinking of the first one?

Dangle_kt
16-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Well I called the guy up, seems a bit of a joker, but I'm going to head down and have a look.

The business is either on its a5re or he doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to bikes.

He said he would let us on for 40 per hour PER BIKE.... so I'd pay 160 for an evening?! Thats more to ride on a tiny indoor track for an evening, as I would to ride my cbr600 round Oulton for a full day???

Then he started talking about mini grand prix race format at 20 for an hour and 20 minutes...

Anyway, managed to make he see he aint getting anywhere near that, then my phone went weird, called him back and left a message but not heard back.

Not holding my breath to be honest, but I'll spend an evening down there next week to see if I hammer anything out, and report back.

pillypot
16-01-2014, 05:54 PM
wow, that really is a tiny track! have they ever had mini motos there before?

Daz
16-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Hmm id say clearly not at those prices ! Id love to get my hands on some of what he is sniffing !!

Dangle_kt
20-01-2014, 09:45 AM
UPDATE - The guy from the track called me back, he has agreed with his business partners to 20 for 4 hours for a bike night, HOWEVER if any arrive and drives turn up, they get their 20 mins of fun, while we wait.

Understandable compromise really when the numbes are going to start off low.

Going to attempt to get up there tonight on the pit bikes, I'll film it with my chest mount action cam so you get a good feel for the track - remembering that I'm on a pit bike, so you guys will be a bit lower, with a much shorter wheelbase. I will post up the vid as soon as I can.

thanks

Dangle_kt
20-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Went there tonight - its a bit small for the pit bikes, and its only been open a couple of weeks so the painted concrete floor is pretty dam slippery.

Here is a vid for those interested.

http://youtu.be/eqquamUQ_sQ

Its on a klx sized pit bike (the bigger ones) which wasn't really suited to the track, but you get the idea.

There is a bump in the track where the two buildings join that someone on a minimoto would need to try and ride over. I didn't feel it on the pit, but you would want to check it on a minimot with no suspension!

What do you guys think?

Daz
20-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I dont like the look of that big **** bump !!