PDA

View Full Version : B1 rep fuel tank...

jase125
19-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Anyone had any problems with the fuel tank & everything bloddy vibbrating like hell!? i need to sort the fuel tank vibrating out? sits abit to close to the exhaust for my liking.. what have you guys done to stop this? cheers.

Chute
19-11-2012, 12:38 PM
you'll get more answers in the chinese import section mate

Jon 48
19-11-2012, 04:14 PM
its not ideal and bit of a bodge but what i done is used silicone sealant put a few big blobs on the tank then pushed it up into the seat... let it dry then the tank stays in position and doesn't vibrate :)

username taken
21-11-2012, 07:06 PM
i have never had a problem with vibrating but i agree the tank is way to close to the exhaust.so i used some heat proof wrap i had spare and on another b1 rep i used a heatproof mat which plumbers use.can get them from any decent plumbing merchant.then just zip tied it to the rear subframe and the front of the frame.stops the risk of the petrol tank getting too hot and in my little world of useless equations, i came to the conclusion that the bike would run better with cooler fuel going in then already warm fuel...but thats more then likely a load of ****e..but made me feel super clever explaining it to the missus :)