PDA

View Full Version : Hulavington Karting Closing!

Jaz
16-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Rumour is Hulavington (south west, UK) will close in a matter of weeks.

Furthermore, it is rumoured that it will re-open under new management who will continue with regular minimoto racing.

I hope it does, Hulavington is arguably the birthplace of minimoto in Southern England. Thanks to Minimoto Racing, of course!

mark1
16-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Thats bad news Jaz dont get me wrong i was'nt a regular at hullavington
but the times i did go they were a friendly group of riders and i enjoyed the track hopefully it will keep going and the new people will be has freindly as the last.

trevor sellars
20-06-2002, 11:18 PM
spoke to Bob the current Kart and minimoto organiser and yes Jazz he will be hanging up his sprockets within a few weeks. I understand that Alan from the Cheddar Karting track will be taking it on, (NOT YET CONFIRMED)!!

Bob is selling all of his ex hire 4.2 Polini's off, not sure as a job lot or one by one but hardly any spares except for the 4.2 stuff.. All of his 4 stroke karts are for sale at around 300 ish each and he has a twin seater kart with 2 160cc engines for around 700. very fast!

His number 01666-838321
Trev

trevor sellars
17-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Apparently a stay of execution for Hullavington, it should be open for a few weeks yet before Bob leaves. Funny thing is that it has got quite busy there lately.

Hey Cookie nice to see both you and reaper at the track the other night, see you next Monday.

Trev

trevor sellars
29-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Yes it's closed.

New track to be opened soon in between Cirencester and Stroud, Gloucestershire in the MOD (Ministry Of Defence) camp by the gliding club, signposted from the main road. It's tucked out of the way but it looks as if a track can be set up to run through the hanger and around it to the other end. It's bigger than Hullavington and the floor is the same type i.e polished concrete screed. Lets hope it takes off, it's only 10 mins from Cirencester or Stroud or about 40 mins from Swindon..

Trev

skunk
29-07-2002, 11:12 PM
heard a rumor at brands at the weekend that the owner of cheddar is goin to buy hulavington, just a rumor so dnt get exited, but the person who told me said julien would do minimotos there again if he buys it.

Jonathan McConnell
30-07-2002, 01:36 AM
One closes another one opens the mind boggles???? :?

trevor sellars
30-07-2002, 05:24 PM
skunk it would appear your rumour is correct.

Trev

skunk
31-07-2002, 06:57 PM
well isnt that good.....

skunk

trevor sellars
05-08-2002, 08:18 PM
GOOD NEWS,

Just got off the phone speaking to Alan Cox (Cheddar Race track), and he has asked me to confirm that Hullavington will be open for business again hopefully within a few weeks. Some of you will know Alan has a great interest in Minimoto's as his 2 sons race them.

Alan will be carrying out some maintenance works, laying on the water, etc, etc and will posting a website link to this site pretty soon for you to view.

ANY QUERIES, BOOKINGS, GOOD WISHES, OFFERS OF HELP,
TEL: South West Karting (Hullavington), on 07000-616161.

Trev