PDA

View Full Version : This Forum!

Wilko
30-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Something needs sorting out, its out of order at the moment.

Can we just have some new mods that will actualy come on here? Im willing to give up some of my time to help out. Instead of ignoring this let people help out. Ive been on the forum since 2005 and really have the experience to offer.

Im sure there would be plenty of the people that still come on here willing to help out. If a few people chipped in checking little bits of the forum then it will work.

Wilko

jibberwobble
30-03-2010, 08:08 PM
There is no leader!

Nicky
30-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree absolutely. This thing has just gone down the tubes. However like everyone else I am devoid of ideas if the management won't let any of us help. Fed up with boring repetative drivel and people replying to antique posts. Pages and pages of out of date info .............................blah blah blah

grcpolini1
30-03-2010, 10:54 PM
i thought Chute was the leader!!! :)

WOOFFY
31-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Chute jacked it in and I don't blame him one bit. He was the only one left who took the time to try and do something with the forum but took all the crap for stuff that was out of his control. Chris by the looks of it just can't be arsed but won't relinquish control as he's making money from the ads and membership renewals. Take the hosting fees out of it and there will still be something left over I suspect. Why did I never renew my membership? Simple because there's no point paying a tenner for something I can get for nothing and funnily enough most who HAVE paid up are getting exactly that :rolleye:

smiffo
31-03-2010, 08:26 PM
If there is no-one looking after the site any more, maybe we should all start using this forum instead?

http://www.racingminimotos.co.uk/index.php?wcId=5

How do I get a refund on my subscription (or how do I make sure it does not get automatically re-newed)?

Adam #6
31-03-2010, 09:55 PM
If there is no-one looking after the site any more, maybe we should all start using this forum instead?

http://www.racingminimotos.co.uk/index.php?wcId=5

How do I get a refund on my subscription (or how do I make sure it does not get automatically re-newed)?

Cancel the re-newal through paypal, i did this when people werent getting their membership. Glad i did now lol

Wilbert Steele
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Far be it from me to want to defend this forum or the people who run it but be realistic people, payment of membership issues aside, the forum isn't the problem.

Firstly, if you had much to contribute, it could be easily done irrespective of whether you were a member of not. It's not like there's a whole raft of people out there bursting with ground-breaking exciting news relating to minimotos who are unable to share it with us because their membership has been screwed up.

Which brings me to my second point. What is there to say that hasn't been said, what's happening that's new, exciting, or even vaguely interesting in the world of minimotos. A forum can only be as good as the content and there is nothing significant happening to generate new content. Move somewhere else, start a new forum, whatever, there'll still be little or no content.

Finally, does it really matter? If you have a minimoto and have somewhere to ride it, what do you need a forum for? Both of the organisers presumably have their own "jungle drums" to let their regulars know what's happening, buying and selling is better catered for by e-bay anyway, so what's left.

As Mr Dylan famously sang, "The times they are a changing!"

jibberwobble
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Some good points made there Wilbert.

It would be nice to think that forums could be used more productively to get newer people interested in the sport though, call it advertising/peddling/spreading the word or what ever. The sport is not seen by enough of the people that would put a little more in than just hooning round on a cheap bike for a few of weekends before moving on. Obviously lack of expendable funds and the fact that most families need two working parents just to survive does help.

Like Wilbert says, times are changing and our world seems to be more and more dominated by people that want instant gratification from next to zero input and are not prepared to put a little effort into bigger rewards a little way down the road. It's not just minimoto, it's our screwed up society in general, this country is particularly bad at using the efforts of the ones who care to support the ones who don't!

There are some newish people on here that seem to have the 'right stuff' however, just there's not enough of them.

Relationships
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree absolutely. This thing has just gone down the tubes. However like everyone else I am devoid of ideas if the management won't let any of us help. Fed up with boring repetative drivel and people replying to antique posts. Pages and pages of out of date info .............................blah blah blah

All forums end up like this. Do you really want a forum that just agrees with all your views and opinions. How boring would that be! I personally love to read all the weird and wonderful posts that people put up, and harp on and on about **** irrelevent things. The best bit is reading all your replies to them. Most of them are probably just taking the ****, but you all just keep replying to them again and again. Just ignore them and they'll go away. Maybe!!!

jibberwobble
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
some good points made there wilbert.

It would be nice to think that forums could be used more productively to get newer people interested in the sport though, call it advertising/peddling/spreading the word or what ever. The sport is not seen by enough of the people that would put a little more in than just hooning round on a cheap bike for a few of weekends before moving on. Obviously lack of expendable funds and the fact that most families need two working parents just to survive doesnt help.

like wilbert says, times are changing and our world seems to be more and more dominated by people that want instant gratification from next to zero input and are not prepared to put a little effort into bigger rewards a little way down the road. It's not just minimoto, it's our screwed up society in general, this country is particularly bad at using the efforts of the ones who care to support the ones who don't!

there are some newish people on here that seem to have the 'right stuff' however, just there's not enough of them.

edit!!!!

Wilko
01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Far be it from me to want to defend this forum or the people who run it but be realistic people, payment of membership issues aside, the forum isn't the problem.

Firstly, if you had much to contribute, it could be easily done irrespective of whether you were a member of not. It's not like there's a whole raft of people out there bursting with ground-breaking exciting news relating to minimotos who are unable to share it with us because their membership has been screwed up.

Which brings me to my second point. What is there to say that hasn't been said, what's happening that's new, exciting, or even vaguely interesting in the world of minimotos. A forum can only be as good as the content and there is nothing significant happening to generate new content. Move somewhere else, start a new forum, whatever, there'll still be little or no content.

Finally, does it really matter? If you have a minimoto and have somewhere to ride it, what do you need a forum for? Both of the organisers presumably have their own "jungle drums" to let their regulars know what's happening, buying and selling is better catered for by e-bay anyway, so what's left.

As Mr Dylan famously sang, "The times they are a changing!"

Good point. But if theres no one to run it then theres no chance. ATALL. If you get what i mean it would make more sence to have someone running it then no one.

Wilko

jibberwobble
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
You gotta admit Norton/RMM keeps things together very well and the main site home page is the one most informative place to go for minimoto places and events.

smiffo
01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I just don't like the fact that someone is taking the pi$$ by collecting all of the subscription money, yet does nothing to keep the forum up to date.

I was ok all the time that Chute was doing his best, but now that I know he has jacked it in I think we should all switch to Norton's forum - it is much more up to date and fresh.

rizla b2
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
i believe rmm is for racers and race bikes or people that are racing them this site deals with everything minimoto related hence racing minimotos as above not a lot is going on at the moment its not a up and coming sport its one that is surviving on die hard fans and the few new people that take it up for a few months then realise that they have to pay 300-plus for a decent bike for there son to get board with when his friends have a new skateboard and the bike is then sold on e bay as its no longer used its a shame but its had its hey day just a few of us left that still love riding kids bikes see rmm forum rules

Chute
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
If I were you all I'd be checking now that the reocurring sub isnt going to steal money off your paypal whenever.

I wont be resubbing obviously.

Chute
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I think I just need to say, thank you to everyone that supported me

WOOFFY
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Overall all forums have suffered since the social networks such as Facebook etc have turned up and taken off in a big way. This has taken away the daily chit chat that was keeping this site busy a few years ago. What it has also done is allow people to converse without having to trawl through reams and reams of garbage by attention whores who don't like something because it's a certain colour etc etc

steve k
02-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I paid up for this forum a few weeks ago and i'm not even sure what i paid for. What can you do on here that you cant do with a free subscription?

jas328sport
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Post in the for sale section and wanted sections although I thought you could post in the wanted section without subscription but I don't seem able to now I am no longer a member.
Don't forget your money goes towards the smooth running of this well moderated forum, righto then.

grcpolini1
02-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Post in the for sale section and wanted sections although I thought you could post in the wanted section without subscription but I don't seem able to now I am no longer a member.
Don't forget your money goes towards the smooth running of this well moderated forum, righto then.

mine was the same since i posted this problem in the forum business section they have sorted the posting issue but couldnt be bothered to let me know or reply to the thred..pathetic

i am very glad i never paid this time around

Speedy Dave
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
The forum does exactley what it should. Its a virtual meeting place and an area where people can express views (sometimes with ammusing consequences), ask questions and organise things over great distances, and overall the site is does what it should. If people want it more from it then they should contribute more rather than blamming others. That said i agree with the comments that relate to the subscriptions and in any area where you pay for a service, or contribute in this case, you expect that service or membership status to be honoured.

After the site was revamped to the new server i had high hopes for the site and for a while this site got the make over it needed only shortly after the upgrades stopped, alot of the facilites and advantages of being a paid member vanished (arcade, viewing of chatbox...) Add this to the fact that people were paying for membership an not actually getting it made matters worse.

Consequently when people like Chute jumped into the chair in order to sort things out, with his limited site powers, he was hounded with issues out of his control. Unfortunatley now i have little confidence that if i renew my membership that it will be actioned, and given that there is very little benefit to being a paid member i don't think i'll be re-subscribing this year.

Ultimatley though if all the memberships are cancelled eventually whoever actually pays for the rent of this site will not have the funds to continue running it, so in my view unless the mods return...(sounds like a Star Wars episide...lol) i beleive this site will eventually whither away.....i hope it doesn't come to this.

At this moment in time the only vialble recovery for this site would be if someone was willing to contact Chris and tranfer all financial responsibilty and ownership/site rental of the forum and continue to run it from there.

Question is is there anyone who would like to undertake this task and responability and then create new site mods from there?

jimbo
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Below is a copy of a message I have sent to admin team, . So far only only Marci has responded and as he says he is just involved from a server point of view. I have sent messages to Jazz and Bengaz to see if they can help but have had no response.
Somewhere I have an address for Jazz so will send him a letter, I think I may have a phone number for Chris, but my paperwork is as always a mess.

I don't know if this will reach anyone but here goes.
Why are you letting this forum fall into it's currant state? I see the web address has just been renewed for another 2 years so why not moderate it, respond to people questions, sort memberships etc?
Chute found some people who would moderate. There are some of us out here who still love the sport and think this forum is worth saving.
If it's a question of money then please keep any monies from adverts or memberships but please get involved or hand the reins over
regards
Jim

Wilko
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
The last two posts were really right. Also i hope he responds to you letter ect. Also them people getting hard about RMM. Theres never any new posts on there anyway. I found it rather dull and very biast.

Wilko
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
admin@minimotoclub.co.uk

jibberwobble
03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
The last two posts were really right. Also i hope he responds to you letter ect. Also them people getting hard about RMM. Theres never any new posts on there anyway. I found it rather dull and very biast.

Agreed, Well said Dave and Jimbo. RMM, as has been already mentioned, caters for a certain aspect of the minimoto world and thats Norton's
prerogative, like it or not. You can choose to go on there or not, choice is yours! This forum offers a slightly different (and more complete in many peoples eyes) concept but it's such a mess. Threads get lost and missed very easily now and that doesn't help keep the interest.

There is also a larger underlying problem though, you can make this place as great as you like but that wont necessarily chang the world. Go do a survey of people you know that are not really aware of what minimotoing is about, ask them what springs to mind when you say "I like to ride my minimoto, fancy a go?" Admittedly we don't need the whole world to be into the sport and it would not be so good if they were but the odd handful here and there wouldn't go amiss. The sport needs a professional marketing approach.

jibberwobble
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I've just emailed them Wilko. For what it's worth!

Roo
03-04-2010, 02:08 PM

I've said the same thing... for a site that harps on about being inedpendent it doesn't half favour wherever Darrans racing. :laughs:

The problem is (and has always been with minimoto) that instead of putting effort into improving what we already have (meaning mmc) people decide its crap and bugger off to make their own forums (or whatever).. which are even more crap because nobody uses them...:rolleye:
there simply aren't enough people with something interesting to say to sustain 3 forums.

samurai
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not a fan of RMM either, a little too biased for me, though, I'm not a particular fan of any of the forums.

MMC needs sorting out, I'm too stingy to pay for membership, because tbh, I don't understand what I'm paying for, it sure as hell isn't for the up keep of the site.

Race organisers all have there own forums anyway, so any important information about racing can be found there, and it just seems this site is a congregation of the 2 that is solely used to ***** and devide people. A decent moderation team can control this, but it seems there aren't a moderator in site, apart from chute, but he must be getting sick of it by now, i would be!

Who's actually in charge of this site now?

jibberwobble
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
No one. Thats half the problem.

Manguish
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?58431-Please-Read