PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi there

Me and my older brother are interested in getting into mini moto as we tried it at Lydd on a special track day that they did and despite high siding and dislocating my finger we both got hooked instantly but before we both do the expensive part of buying a bike each we would like to know if there would be anywhere that we would be able to take them to race on a fairly regular basis. We live in Orpington which is only about 15 minutes from the lakeside karting circuit. Any help would be much appreciated also if anyone has any suggestions on which bike to get and where to get it from that would be great.

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
did it hurt when you dislocated your finger :banghead: :sad6: :sly:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Not really I was more suprised than anything because I looked down to see my finger pointing in totally the wrong direction. It hurt when I had to sit in A & E for 5 hours before they put it right though.

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 09:13 PM
wot hospital you go to then :banghead: :sad6: :sly:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 09:24 PM
One in folkstone. Avoid it at all costs cos tey aren't very good. It would've been quiker to come all the way home and go to the local hospital.

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 09:30 PM
k never go there dont know where dat is any way no probs there then where is your local and another thing dont go to bedford my m8 spent about 4 hrs there one night took em anothere 2 hrs to figure out wot was wrong and then get this first time there youve sprained your wrist 2nd time your fractured your arm 3rd time youve got an airline fracture 4th time finally decides he has got a broken arm and it has to go in a sling and this is all in 1and a half months and that long with a broken arm not treated probably

go int there with concusion go out 2 months later with a broken leg ha ha ha ha :banghead: :sad6: :banana:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 09:40 PM
My local's in sidcup calle Queen Mary's . That sounds extremely painful and I'm glad that it wasn't me. Luckily enough when I broke my arm I was in , operated on and out in 2 Days because I snapped both bones just behind my wrist and my hand was at a 45 degree angle to the rst ofmy arm. Inoticed from some of your other posts that you've got a competitive bike for racing. How much did that set you back?

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 09:42 PM
wot my grc rsr midi 8.5 :banghead: :sad6: :banana:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 09:52 PM
That's the one. Was it expensive?

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 09:55 PM
it was used 2nd hand 1500 but new in 2003 about 2k i think. it won the british though i heard it enterd 40 races one 40 races go to www.minimoto.co.uk and they hav prices in there where do you live anyway :banghead: :sad6: :banana:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 10:07 PM
I live in Orpington which ain't too far from Bluewater shopping centre if you know where that is. Thanks for that site. Me and my brother were just looking for something simple that we can have a laugh on. we're not to bothered about winning championships we just want to ride like loonies and have a giggle. We'd probably stick to mainly practice days to start with and then see how we go from there. we're just after something basic to start with. any suggestions?

fat ass racing
08-07-2004, 10:10 PM
blata or a 4.2 cheap and good for a laugh bullet proof if you get 4.2 most people will say grc if you get a blata on the other hand take the front fairing off goes better :banghead: :sad6: :banana:

Quarterpounder
08-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Excellent stuff cheers . I've just got to convince my brother to part with his cash. I might go to the track day at lakeside on august 1st to get more of an idea of what the whole scene is like before I splash the cash.

fat ass racing
09-07-2004, 07:21 AM
good idea ask around there aswell see if they can help you like wot bladebasher said we are all in this together :banghead: :sad6: :banana:

no probs with help