PDA

View Full Version : Downtime

Manguish
22-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry for the downtime.

Server fell over big time, people on holiday - waiting on tech support to get running again.

Once running database was screwed due to unexpected closure.

Should be ok for now. Let me know if you spot anything odd - apart from chute that is.

Once again, sorry for the downtime. I'm off for some beer ;)

Speedy Dave
22-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Any news on when the upload center will be back online?

Cheers.

<Andy H>
22-08-2008, 06:53 PM
well done manguish thought i was gonna have to watch
bloody east enders again lol

Manguish
22-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Any news on when the upload center will be back online?

Cheers.

Next on me list ;)

Chute
22-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I thought it was:

beer

pizza

site

in that order?

Manguish
23-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Pizza had to cook, beer was cracked open so fixed last bit of site while waiting for teh pizza. Amazed it worked while drinking beer.

Chute
23-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Chris, DMR's banner has left the building

Manguish
23-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Someone else hosts it.

http://craig-pearson.com/dmr/DMRTMMad.gif

Marci
24-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Ta fer sorting stuff in my absence Manguish - sods law - this server works fine for months / years on end, but, the SECOND I go on holiday it dies - it's always done it... dunno how it knows... it usually chooses to die on 2nd day of music festival that I organise leaving me abandoning PA Rigs to go sort... this time it chose to wait til I was stuck in a caravan in wales with no net connection to be found!

Will be pulling all logs and investigating over next few days - at some point in v. near future I'll be cloning everyone's data onto spare drive, take server down for a day, and upgrade core OS & apps to latest versions then bring it all back up again... will give y'all plenty o' notice prior to me doin' it...

Marci
28-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Brief downtime 5mins ago was me rebooting server after some investigative work and cleanups of some mess that was left behind... nothing to worry about.