PDA

View Full Version : Whilton mill

Roo
13-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Wot a top weekend, Superbly organised (dummy grid in the pits, genius idea saved hours of messing at the start of races) well attended atmosphere was great, everyone dead friendly. Some great racing round a brill track.
Big thanks to everyone who helped organise it.
See yer at the next one.
Roo. :)

Roo
13-06-2004, 11:31 AM
......and jimbo for showing us round and fixing things. cheers mate. ;)

John 55
13-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Total Agreement !

Fab day Great racing format: Two 15 Mins Practice session and 38 laps of racing on the race day. (Im still shattered). Good to be back at Whilton !

Well done everyone! Thanks to Nicky, Mick and all of the team and thanks to the Whilton staff, always friendly and helpful.

Get well Paul.

Manguish
13-06-2004, 04:34 PM
As above - GREAT day, GREAT weather, GREAT riding.

Many thanks to all involved and see you all soon. ;)

Lucky
13-06-2004, 06:58 PM
thanks very much we hope every body enjoyed them selves and also the management was very pleased with how clean you all kept it for us so we have been invited back again of course the weather shined on us

cheers jadie xxx

toot
13-06-2004, 09:27 PM
blimey....... you were there chris, gutted my bike never turned up.
get it friday hopefully...

ryan tyers
13-06-2004, 09:40 PM
great meeting,very well organised.friday evening was so nice no idiots charging round on petrol scooters. no-one racing in the pit area on minimoto's, metrakits, yamaha tzr's,(as at british) fantastic rules ie. 2 laps deducted for small infringements, and excluded from the meeting for major infringements. this definately worked because there was no riding in the pits. it was so nice not worrying about getting run over by a pit bike, and being able to go to sleep at night at a sensible time. thanx nikki and all concerned for all your hard work to put this meeting on.

Alan
13-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Deffinately one of the best meetings i've been to. Weather was spot on, track was great, and everyone had a good time. Can't ask for more than that. Keep up the good work guys. :)

Bengaz
14-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Very well organsised meeting.
Fun all weekend.
Hats off to Lucky Devils and helpers, very professional.
(Sorry my bike couldnt make the 25 laps :o )

Harvey Wishbone
14-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Great meeting, good to see regular contributors on the track, even if you where lapping me! Didn't realise all of you where there! Bengaz was pitted opposite us, but didn't get opportunity to say hi, spoke to Stacky and Roo tho. Great social atmosphere, great track, shame I didn't complete a race! I can't sit on my bike that long yet! That and I ran out of petrol once! Get well Paul (this is a waste of time he's off work and can only get online while he's "working") Looking forward to the Caxton outdoor track, might make it to Wheelies too. Big thanks. Jamie :)

Shay-Da-Paul
14-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Well i must say the meeting was great until i ended up in northampton general hospital at 12;30 after smashing my ankles in the ground and tearing the ligaments in my foot i must say that hurt abit well deserved to be (MUPPET OF THE MEETING)thanx guys nice to see u cared lol :D
the practice that i did have was great tho using a 4.2 instead of a .2 bike makes a difference was happy that i could keep up with john 55 shame tho that it was his bike that i crashed on oppps sorry mate
thanks mick and nicky for giving us a round on a good track nice and organised thanks to the guy for the lift to the hosp (jadiepants)and co
was a bit concussed in the back there for abit keep forgeting where i was duhhhh

thanks guys for the day een tho it was spent most in a and e oh well live and learn

MUPPET OF THE MEETING how long do i hold this crown for the guys???

Vaughan
14-06-2004, 07:42 PM
What a brilliant weekend

can't believe we had almost 4 hours of track time in 1 weekends racing :eek:

Hey harvey I was next to bengaz

where you the really ugly bloke :eek: with the dodgy earing who was talking to Jim when I came over to see him

Harvey Wishbone
14-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Here's the muppet, scrounging the Taxi fair back from the hospital! Picture of him wearing the T-shirt to follow.......

Harvey Wishbone
14-06-2004, 07:48 PM
where you the really ugly bloke :eek: with the dodgy earing who was talking to Jim when I came over to see him
Dodgy earing? :eek: Not sure about the dodgy earing, mines thew same as Rossi has! (I had mine before him) also had blonde stripe in hair!!
Could've been! I was around when you came over to speak to Jim!

Lucky
14-06-2004, 07:49 PM
MUPPET OF THE MEETING how long do i hold this crown for

Sorry pal,once a muppet,always a muppet.You've got to wear it over your leathers at the next meeting. :)

eddie100
14-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Well done on your award of MUPPET OF THE WEEK but somebody had to win it. I think it was the only thing I was going to win all weekend. I hope it wont be long before we see you on the track wearing it............................P.S my bike is still in one full piece

lubymat
14-06-2004, 09:28 PM
what a day,and how big is that track,i'm sure we need a pit stop just to rest our legs, i would like to thank nicky and the team for a great day out and for a trophey (in the suppers on my prody preped by lucky devils :eek: ) see you all at the next one ,and thanks again

mat156 :cool:

ravesracin
15-06-2004, 10:14 AM
dont i get a thanks for lending you me rev counter 20 times and duncan for lending the rubber hammer to fix your bike :rolleyes:

Roo
17-06-2004, 11:17 AM
just given my bike a quick check over after the last race :eek: the rear sprockets hanging off, and the carb appears to be doing the same
Glad the races weren't any longer :rolleyes:

Lucky
17-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Nicky here. :p Glad to see race prep is upto usual high standards

Stacky McCrash
18-06-2004, 07:20 AM
oy! It was in great shape untill he crashed it :D
And strange enough it came home in less bits than it arrived. :p

jimbo
18-06-2004, 10:05 PM
What a weekend, loads of practice, 70 laps of racing (well it would have been if Bengaz wasn't so damed fast), one set of knackered tyres, one very happy Son, and one very knackered Jimbo. I only woke up today!! Well done to all the team.

Phil_G
19-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Aw, I wish we'd been there - still Crete aint so bad at this time of year...
Hot sun, cold Amstels, nice digs with a pool, slow-ass Suzuki Hakuto scooter to trundle round on. Amazed that Stacky & Roo got their sh1t together enought to attend with all the necessary kit, never mind come 4th/5th!
Need more photos tho, fill that gallery!
Cheers all Yamas & Kalispera & all that
Phil & Anne on hols in some net cafe thing (in Aghios Nikolaos but run by a geordie!)

Lucky
19-06-2004, 07:44 PM
It's nice to read all the good comments about last weekends Whilton meeting,I'm glad most enjoyed it.The only complaint I have had so far was that the races were too long!!The idea of the long race is to give riders as much track time as possible without having to rush about like crazy fixing your bike between races.I know from experience just how frustrating that can be especially if you are trying to run three bikes of your own and your childs as well.Also if you make a mistake i.e. fall off,the longer race will give you time to catch up,unless you're on the last lap of course which is your own daft fault and you shouldn't be so clumsy. :)
The next one is at Birmingham wheels on the sunday 18th July,see you there.

CHEERS MICK.

Bengaz
20-06-2004, 09:30 AM
What a weekend, loads of practice, 70 laps of racing (well it would have been if Bengaz wasn't so damed fast), one set of knackered tyres, one very happy Son, and one very knackered Jimbo. I only woke up today!! Well done to all the team.

LOL

Slippery Sam
24-06-2004, 07:27 PM
great meeting , really enjoyed it. cheers all of lucky devils,sorry i can't make the next one.

Shay-Da-Paul
27-06-2004, 02:32 PM
well it was a good day im slowly making a recovery on the foot got a doctors note to be off of work for 6 weeks so not all bad all the brusing has gone down but still unable to walk after nearly 3weeks but hopfully be back soon in time for he round at caxton

i highly recomend that ppl start using good boots as the doctor has said that my boot was the thing that stoped my leg from braking dont be tight and bye decent boots for racing or u will end up MUPPET OF THE MEETING

Manguish
27-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Nice picture ;)

Lucky
15-07-2004, 06:46 AM
you won't be at the next 1 by any chance :sad6:
jadex

Harvey Wishbone
15-07-2004, 07:38 AM
you won't be at the next 1 by any chance :sad6:
jadex
Paul has started to walk properly on his foot now. I'm going to visit him this morning. He's hoping to be back at Caxton. Because h'es not working he's not been able to get online, but I'll let him know you've asked about him. I would think he'd be fit enough by the next Whilton Mill round.

Lucky
15-07-2004, 05:53 PM
i hope he gets better because that looks awful :eek: :toothache jadexx

Harvey Wishbone
15-07-2004, 06:02 PM
i hope he gets better because that looks awful :eek: :toothache jadexx
Been to see Paul today. He's looking well, all the bruising has gone, most of the swelling has gone down too. Progressing well with the physio, and even putting weight on it for sort walks. Ie: 6ft! He's doin alright and hopes to be fit for caxton! He wants to race there! Fingers crossed the healing will continue!

Shay-Da-Paul
27-07-2004, 02:40 PM
well back at work now finally walking with out crutches but dont think ill be back on the bike till the end of the year could take a while for it to be fully healed as it restricts my movement to sit on the bike