PDA

View Full Version : which bike ?

gazza
09-05-2002, 02:10 PM
a polini 4.2 dirt road, a stamas 3.5 efco,a blata 3.4 rep. all around £750

Jaz
09-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Out of those three, the Polini gets my vote because of its more powerful and up-gradable motor. I've run a fleet of ten of these bikes for a youth project. They got hundreds of hours use and abuse and are still going strong.

Please don't let my comments put off anyone else 'chipping in'. I've not got a lot of experience with the other two and so cannot draw a comparison.

Jaz
09-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Gazza pm’ed me with this reply

the thing that was putting me off polini is only has a back brake, and does not look as good as the others

You can update to front brake, at extra cost of course. But, you don't need it. Honest - especially with a 4.2, you want to avoid slowing down asap. In the right hands these things fly. I've seen top riders blow proddys and even supers. Not having the brake brings on your cornering skill. Introduce the front brake when you've learnt to ride the bike as fast as you can without it. Even then, I doubt you will be doing faster laps times than you were without it, especially indoors and tight outdoor tracks.

Jaz
09-05-2002, 03:07 PM
gazzer pm'ed with

As u have guessed im new so wont the 4.2 be 2 fast 4 me as im not going to race it, just fun riding, and the stamas and blata look good, is 3.4hp not enough

Depends on how old, experienced and confident you are with other bikes and even stuff like bmx and stateboarding. It might feel fast at first but you'll soon get used to it.

I've taught about 350 boys and girls, one as young as four, several 6-10 year olds and the rest 10-17. Everyone got to the stage where they could happily and confidently 'cruise', usually within 20 minutes riding. Most moved on to getting their knee down.

You might master the 3.5's sooner, but there won't be much in it. I think you'll certainly tire of them sooner. If, and when, you get fed up with the Polini, you can upgrade it much more easily than the 3.5.

Looks arn't everything! ;)

Jaz
09-05-2002, 09:45 PM
gazza, please post your messages on the board. You will get the widest possible response, who's to say I know what I'm on about???

gazza tells me he's from Milton Keynes, who's his nearest dealer for a Polini 910. I suggest you start with the following two (got to shop around ;) )

Minimoto Racing (www.minimoto.co.uk)

Maximum Attitude (www.maximumattitude.co.uk)

skunk
10-05-2002, 02:25 PM
definatly go for the 4.2 polini, there great fun.
i used to race a polini 911gp but for fun i also borrowed a hire bike(4.2) and raced that. i far profered the 4.2 because you can ride it alot harder.
i habe also rode a blata and i think they are a bit pathetic, they dont handel and only go a bout 20mph and that takes a while.
minimoto racing sell second hand 4.2's for about £550-500.

Jonathan McConnell
30-07-2002, 01:46 AM
Sod that buy a second hand DM r Pasini there a lot lighter and less hassle

akatherazor4
31-07-2002, 03:41 AM
What about a ZPF "Eco" bike??

Razor.

Paul (Robson)
02-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Hi Mate i cant vouch for this bike but im sure it'll be good the ZPF starter bike 4.2 a\c is £725 (For the base unit) and im sure it'll be a nice bike

just a thought

Paul (Robson)

wacjac
02-08-2002, 07:44 PM
GAZZA, listen to the advice above concernin the blata cos they are spot on.my mate had 1 for his first bike and literally had rode it to its max within 1 hour at priory park.he bort a 910 the followin week(6.2 tho).now hes learnin alot faster as hes got nowhere near its limits yet.