PDA

View Full Version : FUAO: Manguish - Server Issues

Marci
27-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Wotcha Chris...

Server rebooted at around 1am last night, and had in the process gone a bit wonky. Won't accept email passwords... WHM Manager shows NO SITES installed on the server whatsoever, despite all sites being there and working.

Recommend you login and backup everything within the next 4 hours just incase worst comes to worst. Consider this official notification (as can't send any e-mails at the mo)... can't be held responsible for any data loss if server has to be flattened and reinstalled, but trust me, this is something I'm desparate to avoid as much as you probably are!

Manguish
27-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Marci - anything you can do for me at your end - i can't get access to anything through work firewall.

Marci
27-02-2007, 11:36 AM
No probs d00d - shall take care of everything if it comes to it, however, don't think it will... turns out it's the latest cPanel update - s'futzed a hell of a lot of ppls servers so shouldn't be long before they roll out a fix on the update tree. in meantime, Planet's tech guys are looking at it to find an immediate fix to save the wait, and if they don't find one I'll just open a ticket direct with cPanel and get them to sort it, but can only do that as a last resort in the event of Planet's guys not being able to resolve.

Manguish
27-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Cool. Sounds good.

I thought summit wa sup this morning before i left for work, tables locked left right and centre. Made me a bit late - but hey.

Cheers bud.

Marci
27-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Fixed - any emails sent in to the server between midnight last night and 1:25pm this aft were lost (well, not really, they never made it thru and bounced back to sender with an "address not found here" error)...

Two files has been corrupted in the update process apparently. ThePlanet tech guys hadn't posted a single acknowledgement of the ticket in 4 hrs, so raised one with cPanel directly and they had it fixed within minutes!

Manguish
27-02-2007, 03:22 PM
It did a damn good job of sending em out - i woke up to 2465 of them.....

Once again - Cheers matey.