PDA

View Full Version : Event and Practice times in reading

dmcallister0007
13-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Reading Trail Park is to start a Mini Moto club that will run race meetings each month on the third Sunday starting March 21st. There is open practice on Wednesday evenings from 6 pm to 9.30pm with floodlights.
Practice price is 20.00
Race entry's 30.00
Membership is available @ 30.00 this gives you 5.00 off on each visit.
The track is a 650 mtr outdoor Karting Track, with a 140 mtr back straight and plenty of bends. makes for some great riding.
Contact me at dmcallister0007@msn.com for further details

Gavin SP
16-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Have they sorted out the track surface there yet? One of my friends has been there before and says there isn't any grip and it is really bumpy.

If the track is sorted, then me and my mates will definately use it regulary.

As it is there isn't enough tracks round Reading, especially with M4 Minimoto potentially closing.

Fingers crossed that it has been resurfaced.

jimbo
16-02-2004, 06:49 PM
What tyres were your mates running? could be that softer or harder tyre reqd. I'm going up there this wednesday with some mates so will post update on what we find.

20-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Yep no grip last time I went, nice sunny warm day in the 20's, T41's on a couple of warm up laps and then bang down you go.

Track was really bumpy, nightmare!

Madmanonamission
20-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Grip really isn't that much of an issue at this track. The problem with it is the bumps and cut up tarmac. I hear that they plan to do some re-patching of tarmac in the near future.

My opinion is that if we start to show up in numbers there on the Wednesday night and then start to apply some gental pressure on the management to improve the surface they will see that there is a demand for the circuit and will hopefully sort out the worse corners (most of the track really is ok).

I'll be down there on the wednesday nights that I can make it I hope to see some of you up there.

Thanks

James

Gavin SP
06-03-2004, 01:17 AM
What date does the practice night start on?

Cheers.

Madmanonamission
06-03-2004, 07:09 PM
What date does the practice night start on?

Cheers.

they are already running, just turn up from 18:00 hrs on a wednesday night. It's quiet at the mo but I think it will start to liven up once the weather warms up a bit.

rupert28
17-03-2004, 10:22 AM
they are already running, just turn up from 18:00 hrs on a wednesday night. It's quiet at the mo but I think it will start to liven up once the weather warms up a bit.

hi there

is anyone going tonight??

:confused:

Skin
18-03-2004, 11:36 AM
It's probably a lot like Red Lodge, being next to a mX track, there's probably a lot of dust on the track, after a decent time on the track, it's likely to clean up.

So get down there adn clean the track for me, i'll be there as soon as the knee bends enough!

James

Gavin SP
26-03-2004, 04:11 PM
When I phoned the owner up to ask him some questions, he said that they will only run the Wednesday night practice if you can guarentee a certain number of people will turn up.

You need to phone them up before hand to check whether they will open because they have overheads to cover.

The lack of grip isn't just due to the M/X track, it hasn't been resurfaced in years and as a result it is rutted, bumpy and polished. Which will make it all more interesting.

ryan tyers
12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
wednesday 14 april practice evening

ruffy
13-04-2004, 05:04 PM
could someone tell me where in reading it is and do they have a dress code as i dont have a race suit yet

jimbo
13-04-2004, 06:48 PM
could someone tell me where in reading it is and do they have a dress code as i dont have a race suit yet
heading into reading from m4 on a33 past the madjeski stadium look out for council tip just pass dog track i wouldn't worry to much about race suit as long as you've got helmet, gloves etc

Madmanonamission
14-04-2004, 10:10 AM

From junction 11 follow the signs into Reading.

At first roundabout go straight over.

At at 2nd round about just before big retail park go straight over.

At next roundabout stay in left lane and go straight across. The dog track is on your left. Follow the road for about 200 metres and there is a turning on your right (the only one on the road) marked Civic Amenity site. Take this turn.

Reading trail park is on the right about 100 metres up.

Madmanonamission
14-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Just got back from the session, although I didn't ride tonight as I arrived late due to work commitments I had a great laugh.

The turnout was really good, I counted 26 bikes and after speaking to Andy (the track owner) he seems more keen than ever to get this up and running regularly, more than likely on a fortnightly basis. The track looked clean & grippy, I didn't see anybody loosing the bikes due to lack of grip and that wasn't for the lack of trying by some of the faster lads!!

I'll definately be there in two weeks time!

cheers

Mad man

It was good to see Minimoto Racing there too with their parts van on hand showing their support, I hope that's going to be a regular feature of the nights.

topcat
15-04-2004, 07:05 AM
we was all there last night as well. my lad was the one who kept coming off, it was a very good turnout, when we went 3 weeks ago, there were 3 kids out on the track,
i have to say a big thankyou to the owner, we have to drag the kids off the track at 9.30 as they would stay on there, he was very patient with us, my son says he found the pothole on the track, and kept going into it.

hopefully with the weather getting better, it will bring more people, it is approx an hour (with a bit of traffic) form junction 25 on the m25, so anyone living in the herts and enfield area, its not too far, roughly about the same as caxton, from us.

the kids enjoyed their selves and it gives them a chance to see people they know. it is worth the trip for the practice time it gives you on your bike.

well done sam and ryan, you were both riding well, especially you sam, you did not come off like tony did. see you both soon

Flo

r_andyuk
28-04-2004, 09:00 AM
What bikes would be run in this championship as readings the nearest track to me and i really wanna RACE!!! Ive got a cag but need to know what to upgrade 2
Cheers andy

Madmanonamission
05-05-2004, 07:44 AM
What bikes would be run in this championship as readings the nearest track to me and i really wanna RACE!!! Ive got a cag but need to know what to upgrade 2
Cheers andy

There isnt a championship at this track just open practise sessions every other Wednesday night.

if you want to uppgrade get yourself a good proddie (8.5hp), they are ideal for this track.

cheers