PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Section

ZX12R
21-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Just an idea for the 'For Sale Section'.

Is it feasable/possible to have a side bar with the most recent first posting of the For Sale posts on one side/bottom etc. A bit like the live forum but only the first post is listed with a max of say 5 or 6 of the posts showing with the oldest dropping of the bottom when a new one is submited. Doesn't have to be dynamic but will refresh when a page refresh is actioned.

For those that don't want it maybe a tick box next to the snow to turn it off

I only thought of this as my subs ran out and I was presented with a screen of ads down one side and thought it could be better utilised for paid members

Cast me down in flames and tell me it's crab if you want :p but it's another feature for members

cbr6man
21-09-2006, 09:55 AM

Is it feasable/possible to have a side bar with the most recent first posting of the For Sale posts on one side/bottom etc. A bit like the live forum but only the first post is listed with a max of say 5 or 6 of the posts showing with the oldest dropping of the bottom when a new one is submited. Doesn't have to be dynamic but will refresh when a page refresh is actioned.

I only thought of this as my subs ran out and I was presented with a screen of ads down one side and thought it could be better utilised for paid members

Cast me down in flames and tell me it's crab if you want :p but it's another feature for members

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Can we also have a button alongside the other main buttons (New Posts, Arcade etc) to the Live Forum?

Manguish
21-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Dunno if the live thing is staying yet - seems to be a cpu hog.....

I'll have a thunk about others though ;)

cbr6man
21-09-2006, 10:35 AM
What about changing the scrolling ‘New Threads’ bar to latest posts?

Manguish
21-09-2006, 10:36 AM
It would still take up as much cpu usage.

It's finding something that doesn't, but fulfills needs - like the new threads does. Not the optimum solution, however, tis best for users and hardware.

Robbo
21-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Cast me down in flames and tell me it's crab

Yeah its crab Mark, we dont like crabs...ask the missus!:p

Nut E1
21-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I think it is just a bit too cramped on here now...
Too much going on...
It's like when you're a non member...

Nut E1
21-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, I have read the other thread, and I will now get rid of it,
Thank you!!!:rolleyes:

nofearcity
21-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I like the idea and it looks like Chris does too.
But it does look a bit cramped (I prob just need to get used to it) maybe one like the new threads would be a little less cramped.
Maybe I won't miss those bargins now. ;)

Nut E1
21-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Try looking here...
http://www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=37463

nofearcity
21-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Try looking here...
http://www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=37463
Yep done it there as well. :D

Viper
21-09-2006, 09:02 PM

so your responsible for this..........just youwait till i see you next..all black and swollen will feel like a luxury
:D