PDA

View Full Version : SEMRC 4.2 A/B Riders

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 05:27 PM
The A/B grid starts what did you think? I wasnt impressed, the fast b's were onto the slow A's too quickly i was held up passing people who shouldn't have been in the way in the first place (my fault i guess for being rubbish at starts ).. Can we go back to either mixed grids or a seperate flag?

Discuss ;)

PS if you dont ride in the 4.2 standards, please dont post :D

trasher
14-08-2006, 05:31 PM
goto agree dave
as you got to the first few corners the slower a,s were going like stink on the straight ,but when it came to the corners where nearly stopping and putting you right out of momentum(adam lol) back to normal me thinks :rolleyes:

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd rather have mixed grids, as it's worked out overall, so the riders of simular ability end up togeather regardless of weight... Plus that way riders like Scott R1 and Roo get a chance to have a race rather than chase kids who wiegh about 4 stone..

Stuart_l
14-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Agree'd, I was surprised how quickly we were into the slower A's ( first corner) and think we should either go back to the mixed grid or a staggered start..

Stu

Lewis Taylor#7
14-08-2006, 05:46 PM
The A/B grid starts what did you think? I wasnt impressed, the fast b's were onto the slow A's too quickly i was held up passing people who shouldn't have been in the way in the first place (my fault i guess for being rubbish at starts ).. Can we go back to either mixed grids or a seperate flag?

Discuss ;)

i did ride 4.2 standards so can i comment :D

seriously though, wouldnt it be a good idea to send the B's out first that way they dont get stuck behind the slow A's that fly down the straits and are bad round the corners slowing the B's down, but the good A's will easily pass because they can pass down the straits and corners, just an idea :)

redbull
14-08-2006, 06:57 PM
What about the B's who hold up the A's in the corner? It happens both ways. Like said if you get off the line its not a problem?

Lewis Taylor#7
14-08-2006, 07:01 PM
What about the B's who hold up the A's in the corner? It happens both ways. Like said if you get off the line its not a problem?
but the majority of the A's will be able to pass the slow B's on the straits

redbull
14-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Joes just under the weight limit and has very little advantage. I thought people entered the 4.2 class for fun!

MidiMan8
14-08-2006, 07:14 PM
i did ride 4.2 standards so can i comment :D

seriously though, wouldnt it be a good idea to send the B's out first that way they dont get stuck behind the slow A's that fly down the straits and are bad round the corners slowing the B's down, but the good A's will easily pass because they can pass down the straits and corners, just an idea :)

i don't think that the B's go first....the A's will get held up by them too much, if some ones in the lead and has another person up his ars* he doesn't want to get stuck behind backmarkers...cause he'll loose positions

Lewis Taylor#7
14-08-2006, 07:15 PM
i don't think that the B's go first....the A's will get held up by them too much, if some ones in the lead and has another person up his ars* he doesn't want to get stuck behind backmarkers...cause he'll loose positions
true but thats what the problem is for the B's anyway it was just an idea :p

MidiMan8
14-08-2006, 07:17 PM
well have a staggerd start, but let the A's get away bit more further, then the B's can go....

Kartingchamp
14-08-2006, 07:21 PM
back markers can not be help, they a part of racing, infatc i used to like them when karting, helped me win one east of england champiohsip. but as for mm, i say a staggered start like wat edd sed

MidiMan8
14-08-2006, 07:24 PM
perhaps if the blue flag was put out abit more it would help???

Kartingchamp
14-08-2006, 07:25 PM
thats wat i was thinking edd, but then mistakes wud happen, when a blue flag is put out for the wrong person and a competitor gets by, is a hard one to marshall a 2 class race

Kartingchamp
14-08-2006, 07:27 PM
another idea, get one of the groups to wear say a yellow vest so the other group rider in front of the yellow vest wearer can see that they are not in his/her class so can let them buy??? just a thought

Nick Perkins
14-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Is it because the weather was crap that some of the littl'uns were slow round the corners?

Ok it was only really bad for the first race but alot of them were quite a bit slower than normal. Even some of the fast kids were going slow..................................:confused:

I think staggered starts if anything. Snag is the quick A's will be up with the slow B's quickly (eh?), so we go full circle......................

Just my thoughts

Nick

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Identification isnt the problem, nor was anyone blaming the A's, they were in there own race. The blue flag wouldnt work as they arnt being lapped, I cant see any B's holding up the A's, the light / fast a's are gone before the B's get there. BUT the way Sundays races started, the slower A's WERE in the way of the faster b's and they were there very quickly It wasnt there fault, it was how the grid was arranged. The mixed grids from the OVERALL championship positions worked best imo. The mix of A and B riders adds to the great racing we DO enter the 4.2s for.

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Is it because the weather was crap that some of the littl'uns were slow round the corners?

No this time it was simply becasue they were started right in front of us. Usually the slower A's would start behind us and there isnt a problem :)

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 07:56 PM
oooookk.. I intended this post to give me a list of riders names, who either liked the new a/b grids, want a staggered start or (hopefully) prefer the mixed grid so i could take that and talk to Huw about it to see what happens at Wildtrax. So... Who's for what? :)

HugheskiRacing
14-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Mixed grids all the way.

ZX12R
14-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Untill I I get the hang of 4.2 starts I was happy with the grids last weekend, but then I've only entered 1 4.2 race with Phoenix sofar

trasher
14-08-2006, 08:23 PM
keep it the way its been all season
i think huw (correct me if i,m wrong)left the list for the 4.2s at home ,so he just put the a,s first then the b,s

ro55ifumi
14-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Discuss ;)

Gotta agree just look out for me Dave:p :D mixed grids:D

berniehoo
14-08-2006, 08:31 PM
that is correct trasher. it won,t happen again!! (i hope)
i think we should have a staggered start, a's 1st then the b's, that is how it was done for as long as i can remember!

Stacky McCrash
14-08-2006, 08:37 PM
that is correct trasher. it won,t happen again!! (i hope)
i think we should have a staggered start, a's 1st then the b's, that is how it was done for as long as i can remember!

ahh I thaught it was the new normal.. :D

Phoenix Racing
15-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Whatever the problem....we will sort it at Wildtrax.

Viper
15-08-2006, 04:05 PM
If the 4.2's keep expanding as they have been, Phoenix might look at splitting the A' and B's into there own seperate races.....

pretty impresive for a class that was all but dead last season......

cbr6man
15-08-2006, 04:08 PM
If the 4.2's keep expanding as they have been, Phoenix might look at splitting the A' and B's into there own seperate races.....

And it looks as if it will keep growing judging by the number of people who have expressed an interest.

Great fun and highly recommended :D

Personally I think it should be done on championship positions in each class, after all that's what we are fighting for.

~YOSHIE~
15-08-2006, 09:16 PM
i ride in 4.2 standards im 15 it was only my second round an i weigh 6 stone
i started dead last an on 1 of the race i come out of the second corner 4th :| its deffo an unfair advantage

ro55ifumi
15-08-2006, 09:57 PM

Got to agree Tim just glad that the people that pushed to revive this class did and long may it continue and thanks :D you know who you are:squint: :D

trasher
17-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Got to agree Tim just glad that the people that pushed to revive this class did and long may it continue and thanks :D you know who you are:squint: :D
no probs john lol;)

Phoenix Racing
18-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah the weird grid thing at Whilton was due to my not having the mixed standings list with me, which was why ALL the 4.2 std riders were told to come and see me after the rider briefing.
Second problem. Where were you all ?
The grids were set up A's and then B's, A's in championship standings and then B's at random as that was the opinion of the guys who had been to the rider briefing and then came to me in Race Control. Anyone not happy, who did not attend can not complain. And if you were not at the rider briefing that's very naughty.

The grids will be back to the normal set-up for this class at WildTracks.
This is based on the single (non split) championship that the year started with and is again that which the majority wanted when the decision was made to give the riders two championships rather than one which would be dominated by the lighter, younger and obviously far more talented riders now in the A group. (Unless you want to prove me wrong!)
PS I'm cr4p and I know I am so don't even go there.
Huw

Stacky McCrash
18-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Riders briefing can sometimes be a bit pointless coz if your stuck at the back you can't hear Scott. Perhaps some bigger lungs or a megaphone thing would be a good idea? :D

Phoenix Racing
21-08-2006, 09:34 AM
It was actually Rob Turner who did it, Scott was at Donington.
Eye tests anyone?
PS One rider was kicked out for insulting Rob, wonder what he would think about this being mistaken for Scott!

Stacky McCrash
21-08-2006, 03:30 PM
It was actually Rob Turner who did it, Scott was at Donington.
Eye tests anyone?
PS One rider was kicked out for insulting Rob, wonder what he would think about this being mistaken for Scott!

It was Roo posting on my login, so i'd guess his glasses were steamed up ;) :p :D

looking forward to Wildtrax :D hope it's dry tho' :(

ro55ifumi
21-08-2006, 07:14 PM
It was Roo posting on my login, so i'd guess his glasses were steamed up ;) :p :D

looking forward to Wildtrax :D hope it's dry tho' :(

Dave you and me to mate , started praying already:p :p :D