PDA

View Full Version : ZPF 50cc conversion kit

Jaz
17-04-2002, 08:12 PM
http://www.pocketbikes.com/images/ZPF_Graphix/zpf-50cc.jpg

The Americans rave about this kit for the Polini engine.

Give your opinions by replying to this topic.

akatherazor4
24-04-2002, 02:18 AM
Jaz,
Are these kits available to you guys over there? Does anyone sell them?

Razor.

Jaz
24-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Alex Gault does. He is the UK and Ireland's importer of ZPF and has his own forum at MiniMotoClub. ZPF is quite new over here and other makes have a very strong foothold so Alex has got his work cut out for him.

I don't personally know anyone who has a 50cc motor in the UK but they do exist. Riders are reluctant to covert because of the strict racing classes here do not allow for the 50 in any of our numerous championships??????

I am tempted to give it a try out of curiousity.

Is there anyone out there using this kit? What's it like?

akatherazor4
26-04-2002, 04:30 AM
2 of the mini pimp racers (Dave and B.J.) both run the ZPF 50c.c. kit's on their bike's. There has just been another racer in the Mini Pimp crew who has converted to the 50c.c. as well and that will be unvieled early next week. ;)

I have rode both bikes and they are nothing less than perfection. The power that the ZPF kit delivers is very strong and the smoothest Iv'e ever felt. On the track those 2 bikes have clocked the fastest lap times and top speed via a radar gun.

I actually rode Dave's bike before the ZPF kit was on and after. It made a world of difference and it shows on the track as well.

In comparision to say a 5 port Polini or Malossi Cylinder I would choose the ZPF kit for it's improved smoothness throughout the powerband and the extra tourque in the low and mid range power.

Razor.