PDA

View Full Version : Wildtrax Practice

EllD90
26-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I just thought i'd make it offical, I rang them up and they said they're running a practice from 4-6pm for £15 & that price includes the camping. I didn't ask but perhaps if you don't do the practice you need to pay for the camping :confused:

Elliot

dmac 47
26-04-2006, 04:17 PM
:grumpy: does this mean we only get two hours practice:banghead: :banghead:

cbr6man
26-04-2006, 04:19 PM
:grumpy: does this mean we only get two hours practice:banghead: :banghead:

Nope it means you only get 20 minutes - 2 x 10 minutes if the number of sessions at Stretton and Beccles are anything to go by.

ro55ifumi
26-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Wont be doing practice then!! :-)

Terry A
26-04-2006, 04:29 PM
is it still 2x10 mins praccy on race day??
if it is then its gonna be interesting as it'll be the first time on the track.

EllD90
26-04-2006, 04:30 PM
is it still 2x10 mins praccy on race day??
if it is then its gonna be interesting as it'll be the first time on the track.

I asked them, is it going to be sessioned, and they said that it's upto the organisers.....

ro55ifumi
26-04-2006, 04:38 PM
1 practice terry mate as the grids are massive but they run an extra session for anyone thats not practiced at all the previous day

nick_mcuk
26-04-2006, 04:39 PM
That sucks big time.....surely Phoenix should sort all this out before they book a venue....

I was only going to be able to make the pracitce day....looks like i wont bother now!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PureBluez
26-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I thing Pheonix should talk with them pretty soon...as i think its not right to have 2 x 10 minutes practise for a race meeting..theersloads of riders that have never been there before..so what chance do these riders have in the actual race...

bryzzy
26-04-2006, 05:09 PM
I haven't been on this track before, i dont think 2 x 20 minute sessions will be any good to me , then again i dont think 2 x 20 hour sessions would help either :D . From what i could make out at Stretton the track does let phoenix have the track for the day at a reduced rate and so i think it might be a bit much to ask for a whole weekend,( unless we payed more to race , which wouldn't be suitable ) I dont think Phoenix are to blame. Why cant all the tracks turn the day before into a track day as Beccles did. They seemed to do ok out of it.

Sorry if i am talking a load of pooh.:)

nick_mcuk
26-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I think Phoneix need to make a bit more of an effort full stop....hell the MRO club racers dont get told that they only have 2 hours of practice at the tracks they go to like brands hatch etc etc.....whats the difference with us? (appart from the size of the bikes)

Come on Phoenix get it sorted....not impressed.

EllD90
26-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't start having a go at Phoenix as you don;t know if it's there fault....perhaps this was the only times/date they could get.

Viper
26-04-2006, 05:27 PM
I think Phoneix need to make a bit more of an effort full stop....hell the MRO club racers dont get told that they only have 2 hours of practice at the tracks they go to like brands hatch etc etc.....whats the difference with us? (appart from the size of the bikes)

Come on Phoenix get it sorted....not impressed.

WTF are you ranting about? you have already stated you weren't racing, just doing the practice day....

It's practice, not a track day...
If and when you do decide to grace us with your presence on a race weekend then you will have the right to whinge about how little track time you think you are getting.

And if your not impressed with the way Phoenix organise things you can allways show your discontent by not going to a Phoenix meeting, there are other organisations you know.

marsh
26-04-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't hold Phoenix responsible for this in any way shape or form. Annoying? yes of course it is, however it would be nice to have the luxury of an all day session at a track in the not too distant future.

Sunday it is then, should make setup quite interesting...

Stacky McCrash
26-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Difference form the MRO? entry fees maybe :banghead: In most cases organisers dont book practice days the day before, it's run by the circuit.

So what if there is no practice? We've raced loads of circuits with no practice before, at least here we get some and can camp over. Infact, we've built circuits at Rossendale on Sat night, then raced it and taken it down again Sunday.

What with the other bloke crying about his points and you lot mumping about practice, if it were me organising it, i'd wonder why i bother

Nut E1
26-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Just get on with it!!!

I'd never been to Stretton before and had enough time to get used to the track on both bikes in just one session on each...

And had a good result (Not counting the Supers race!!!):banana:

But then again I must be a God:D

Get on and ride, most are in the same boat so you won't get left behind...

Lewis Taylor#7
26-04-2006, 06:30 PM
i think its fair to say its not worth going to the practice day, i might aswell just go the sunday and get an extra 10 minute practice, so im only loosing 10 minutes! and im not dishing out £15.00 for 10minutes track time!

Mark R-C
26-04-2006, 06:32 PM
i dont mind, im going to be coming last in C's with practice or no practice :D

Terry A
26-04-2006, 06:33 PM
have you got permission to stay out again Kev?
or are you just doing the sunday?

Viper
26-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Difference form the MRO? entry fees maybe :banghead: In most cases organisers dont book practice days the day before, it's run by the circuit.

So what if there is no practice? We've raced loads of circuits with no practice before, at least here we get some and can camp over. Infact, we've built circuits at Rossendale on Sat night, then raced it and taken it down again Sunday.

What with the other bloke crying about his points and you lot mumping about practice, if it were me organising it, i'd wonder why i bother

This is probably a first but here goes anyway.....
Here here well said that man.....

Stacky McCrash
26-04-2006, 07:00 PM
This is probably a first but here goes anyway.....
Here here well said that man.....

Come on, own up. Who's edited this post? :p

nick_mcuk
26-04-2006, 07:07 PM
I am not going to say anymore on this but I am not really impressed.

Simple as that and I am fully entitled to my views.

Nut E1
26-04-2006, 07:07 PM
have you got permission to stay out again Kev?
or are you just doing the sunday?

I have, but can't see the point...

trasher
26-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Come on, own up. Who's edited this post? :p
pmsl :D
as viper said it aint a track day ,:banghead:
for those of us that race it means we can get our camping and pit area set up ,and ok only 20 minutes track time ,going from previous visits there it always seems to go a bit over anyway ,,they have a noise problem there that it must end by sixish,as for phoenix getting there act together ,they are a race organiser not a freaking track day organiser ,race day is sunday ,get used to it

nofearcity
26-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Just got in from work and read through this thread. I can't believe that anyone can put the blame on Pheonix as they only hire the track for one day! and that's race day. So how can they call what happens the day before.

At least we have a race day. Last year all I was hearing was doom and gloom about how grids weren't very full and track days were killing the sport. Well here we are in 2006 and the grids are full and the racing is great! So enjoy the fact that the sport is still here and you can do it.

Oh well not much in the way of practice. If you are good enough to race then 2x 10 min practices should be enough to get to grips with the track. Bernie, Viper, Jamie, Jimbo or me (to name a few) know what the gearing is anyway so that's one job done for you if you come over and ask. Most are happy to help. Yes I agree £15 is a lot for 2 10min practices, but it's your choice.

Me - I'm just happy that I have the chance to race. I must be the only one that's looking forward to it (as I missed Stretton).

mini_racer
26-04-2006, 07:55 PM
if they have something wrong with the noise then fair dose... but it's not reallt Phoenix's fault as everyone else says... i'm going notts on the saturday and then we (me dad and gary and that) are driving to wildtrax....

put it this way, if you don't go on the 'practic' day and do sh** in the races just blame it on the lack on practic at the track :rolleyes:

DMR
26-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Those that want a full days practice could always get together and arrange with the circuit to hire for the whole day............possibly

mini_racer
26-04-2006, 08:08 PM
or just come nottingham raceway 10 till 5 for £15 open pit

Team Westy
26-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Those that want a full days practice could always get together and arrange with the circuit to hire for the whole day............possibly

We rang them about 3 weeks ago.....they told us that the only Minimoto days were the few hours on the Saturday before the race day....:rolleyes:

But as you suggested Ian.......If enough riders get together, providing they arenít fully booked, I really don't see how they can say no.

Count us in :D

Lewis Taylor#7
26-04-2006, 08:18 PM
or just come nottingham raceway 10 till 5 for £15 open pit
u no that sounds good, have a day at notts then go strait to wildtracks, how far is wildtracks from notts?

Harvey Wishbone
26-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Viper, Trasher and Stacky have all hit the nail on the head. It's NOT a trackday, it's practice for racers, Phoenix don't do the practice day the circuit does and they always do, noise restrictions at this venue mean there are very few 2 stroke days here at all, 8 a year I think. Racing is racing trackdays are totally different. One more thing though, if you don't like what Phoenix are doing, either don't turn up, or ring them to give them some feedback, they're ****ed off and I'm sure a lot of racers are ****ed off with seeing public slagging matches, it's not big and it's not clever, you won't get more support doing it in public, you'll just **** Scott and Huw off, without them we have no SEMRC.

ady1306
26-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Viper, Trasher and Stacky have all hit the nail on the head. It's NOT a trackday, it's practice for racers,

may i ask without getting jumped on as others have, so because i dont actualy race yet what you are saying is im not actualy welcome at the test/ set up sessions...?? so how is one meant to learn..?? i have no problems with pheonix, infact i think they do a good job, i have not entered a race yet as i feel im not quite ready..... but when i am then im sure you will see me there...

just a little off putting to read dont you think..??

ady........

ps not a pop just my point of view.....;)

ickle pob
26-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I am not going to say anymore on this but I am not really impressed.

Simple as that and I am fully entitled to my views.

i think your views would be better recieved if you actually intended to race at the meeting, but as you are not, and the day's practice isnt organised by Phoenix i caould only suggest you rethink your post carefully, as it seems you can't add up.

views are like sphincters <sp>

everyone has one, but not everyone shouts out of theirs

regards

I.P.

ickle pob
26-04-2006, 08:36 PM
may i ask without getting jumped on as others have, so because i dont actualy race yet what you are saying is im not actualy welcome at the test/ set up sessions...?? so how is one meant to learn..?? i have no problems with pheonix, infact i think they do a good job, i have not entered a race yet as i feel im not quite ready..... but when i am then im sure you will see me there...

ady........

you can either jump in feet first and enter the meeting, or go to the MANY trackdays and ride at your own pace with less pressure. BUT, even if it's a race, you go as fast as you like or feel comfortable, and as long as you ride safely and let others find their own way past without any dramatic " moving out of the way manouvers ", you'll be fine.
You may even surprise yourself and improve dramatically, and have a laugh, which at the end of the day is what it's all about.

I don't see how anyone could moan to anyone about tracktime on a day they have nothing to do with.

IP

Viper
26-04-2006, 08:40 PM

ady........

no, of course you are welcome, the point is if you were racing the next day i can understand you not being happy with the amount of practice, but if you have no intention of racing the next day why rant about how little the practice is?

marsh
26-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Ah balls to it, might as well go for the £15 lash up as well.

It's not like I'm going to have to drive from Cornwall to get there anyway, Scott get the moths off that £15 in your wallet.

Nut E1
26-04-2006, 08:42 PM
you can either jump in feet first and enter the meeting, or go to the MANY trackdays and ride at your own pace with less pressure. BUT, even if it's a race, you go as fast as you like or feel comfortable, and as long as you ride safely and let others find their own way past, you'll be fine.
You may even surprise yourself and improve dramatically.

IP
I agree...

The first time is always a bit daunting...

But once you're in the middle of it, you will have the biggest grin on your face...
It's well worth it, just do it...

Harvey Wishbone
26-04-2006, 08:45 PM

ady........

You're more than intitled to your point of view Ady, but, you know as well as most on here, that race practices aren't the best place to be learning, a more "friendly" and less agressive trackday is a much more suitable environment for learning trackcraft etc

bryzzy
26-04-2006, 08:48 PM

ady........

As already said , the practice before the race , is to practice and set your bike up if needed. I spent the whole of Stretton practice bedding a clutch in. If i was a bit more experienced i would have done it before. This is my first experience of racing and i learn more in the race than at practice. Trust me , just sign on in the morning of the race get on your bike and go for it . It is the best buzz , no-ones going to kick you off or go through you ( well jammie maybe :D ) even running towards the back . At my first race at Beccles i was sat on the grid thinking "OH SHIIT ". I cant wait for Wildtrax. Dont just think of coming to the practice , stay the night have a few beers, have a laugh, join the racing and enjoy.
This isn't intented to have a dig , join in :)

nofearcity
26-04-2006, 08:51 PM
As already said , the practice before the race , is to practice and set your bike up if needed. I spent the whole of Stretton practice bedding a clutch in. If i was a bit more experienced i would have done it before. This is my first experience of racing and i learn more in the race than at practice. Trust me , just sign on in the morning of the race get on your bike and go for it . It is the best buzz , no-ones going to kick you off or go through you ( well jammie maybe :D ) even running towards the back . At my first race at Beccles i was sat on the grid thinking "OH SHIIT ". I cant wait for Wildtrax. Dont just think of coming to the practice , stay the night have a few beers, have a laugh, join the racing and enjoy.
This isn't intented to have a dig , join in :)
Well said that man! I was thinking the same on the grid a Beccles. :D
But it turned out to be the BEST day I have ever had on my bike.

bryzzy
26-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Well said that man! I was thinking the same on the grid a Beccles. :D
But it turned out to be the BEST day I have ever had on my bike.

you know , i thought you were having a good time when you were seen kissing your fairing at the chicane :)

ady1306
26-04-2006, 08:57 PM
You're more than intitled to your point of view Ady, but, you know as well as most on here, that race practices aren't the best place to be learning, a more "friendly" and less agressive trackday is a much more suitable environment for learning trackcraft etc

i totaly agree and i have no problem with the lack of practice time, i have not even moaned but i can see what you guy's are saying, im way past the friendly easy going trackdays, thats why i want to get out there with the lads who are practicing to race, then i can get a good feel for what its all about and find the sort of pace they are running at, but i dont wnat to get on the track and cause someone a loss of points when im not actualy in the championship point's table, so the practice day's seem to be the fair way of doing it without spoiling it for others by causing an accident taking someone out that is in with a good shout at winning, [im sure you will see what i mean] i was at stretton the other sat [open practice] and i learned so much without causing grief to those setting up to race.... as for the wild track's situation im totaly with you, if people dont like the practice time they have been given then dont go "SIMPLE REALY" if i knew i could get in to the proddy 'b's @ wildtracks on raceday then i would probably go just for the experience...... but i would not bother going for the practice time as it's just not worth me making the effort.........

ady;)

so those that are moaning with no intention to race don't.......simple

Harvey Wishbone
26-04-2006, 09:01 PM
So come along, go for it, you'll be fine

ady1306
26-04-2006, 09:02 PM
So come along, go for it, you'll be fine

i may just do that matey.....;)

Harvey Wishbone
26-04-2006, 09:04 PM
i may just do that matey.....;)
I dare ya!

ZX12R
26-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I rode Whilton (LD's) for the first time without a practice session and I had one go at Beccles in the wet before the racing.

I can honestly say to much practice the day before doesn't make for better riding the next day for me, Stretton last year was an example

nofearcity
26-04-2006, 09:06 PM
you know , i thought you were having a good time when you were seen kissing your fairing at the chicane :)
True and I can't blame "not enough practice"! That's when it happened. :D

Too much practice just gives you more chance of wrecking your bike.

ady1306
26-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I dare ya!

im tempted...are you calling my bluff.........:D

Team Westy
26-04-2006, 09:15 PM
im tempted...are you calling my bluff.........:D

Ady......I watch you and my son 'Westy' going at it last Monday......trust me you are more than ready :D

Go on, you know you want to

ady1306
26-04-2006, 09:17 PM
see you at wildtrack's..................:D :D

Team Westy
26-04-2006, 09:21 PM

Good Man :D

mini_racer
26-04-2006, 09:21 PM

good man!! ade bring a tent....

come notts with us on the saturday then we will head off to wildtrax in the afternoon... :banana:

trasher
26-04-2006, 10:59 PM
ady you know you have the abillity ,you little teaser :p
the last two rounds i havn,t even bothered to practice the morning of the race ,probally to hung over or something lol,,,your only putting more hours on your bike :p

HugheskiRacing
26-04-2006, 11:15 PM
ady you know you have the abillity ,you little teaser :p
the last two rounds i havn,t even bothered to practice the morning of the race ,probally to hung over or something lol,,,your only putting more hours on your bike :p

saving clutches more like it........:p

Viper
27-04-2006, 06:16 AM
saving clutches more like it........:p

thats a bit below the belt....

true..

but still below the belt :D

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 06:28 AM

Do you have to? :( :(

Only joking - nice one Ady.

ro55ifumi
27-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Same here and it had something to do with changing tyres as well!!!!:p as being ars-d:p

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Ok, my two-penneth worth on this. Yes I feel slightly frustrated that there is only 2 hours practice on the Saturday but in no way hold Phoenix responsible for this situation. I am amazed that they manage to make the races run so smoothly in the first place with the numbers we are seeing this year. Practice days have always been organised by the circuit and are therefore subject to any restriction that may apply, be it pre-bookings, local difficulties or even the circuits attitude towards minimotos. The reason I, and I suggest some others, are frustrated is that the practice day is as much an intrinsic part of the fun of the whole event as the night before race day banter or the racing itself. We get what we get so letís make the most of it. Personally I will be going across to Notts Raceway on the Saturday morning to bed my clutch in then travelling down to WildTrax in the afternoon for the practice.

See you all there.

Shay-Da-Paul
27-04-2006, 08:06 AM
u dont need practice all u need to no its has a few straights and some bends

easy to learn

ro55ifumi
27-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Saturday morning to bed my clutch in then travelling down to WildTrax in the afternoon for the practice.

See you all there.
That'll be for the 4.2 then:p

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 08:20 AM
That'll be for the 4.2 then:p

Ermmm yes. Poor bike :o

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 08:26 AM
u dont need practice all u need to no its has a few straights and some bends

easy to learn

With a trophy at stake you need to practice crashing at a few different corners though to see where you will be most spectacular. It will be the only trophy I have a realistic chance of winning all year so I am approaching this with the level of professionalism it deserves. I know some people will think the trophy going to me may be a foregone conclusion but there is some very healthy competition in the crashing stakes and as it stands John (RossiFumi) is playing a blinder, or is that riding like a blind-un??? And Roo seems hell bent on taking at least one crashers trophy home. Poor Stacky, he is having a bad start this year but Iím sure he will be in contention soon.

Shay-Da-Paul
27-04-2006, 08:28 AM
With a trophy at stake you need to practice crashing at a few different corners though to see where you will be most spectacular. It will be the only trophy I have a realistic chance of winning all year so I am approaching this with the level of professionalism it deserves. I know some people will think the trophy going to me may be a foregone conclusion but there is some very healthy competition in the crashing stakes and as it stands John (RossiFumi) is playing a blinder, or is that riding like a blind-un??? And Roo seems hell bent on taking at least one crashers trophy home. Poor Stacky, he is having a bad start this year but Iím sure he will be in contention soon.
if all that fails gary u can beat up a kid for theres lol

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 08:30 AM
if all that fails gary u can beat up a kid for theres lol

I have a few in mind already :D

So you joining us at WildTrax Paul?

Shay-Da-Paul
27-04-2006, 10:30 AM
So you joining us at WildTrax Paul?

wait and see

ady1306
27-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Do you have to? :( :(

Only joking - nice one Ady.

thats nice en it................................:D now i will definatly be there even if it's to do your head on and offend your eyes with my nice green bike......:D

cbr6man
27-04-2006, 03:00 PM
thats nice en it................................:D now i will definatly be there even if it's to do your head on and offend your eyes with my nice green bike......:D

You mean it is STILL green? :eek: :damnit:

Only kidding. You are more than ready to join the fray.

ady1306
27-04-2006, 03:26 PM
i just dont have the heart to change it now........... so even if i paint it it's staying green...:D

ickle pob
27-04-2006, 07:51 PM
do you need someone to share the driving Gary ??

might be up for it if i can get my bike off Josh

Roo
27-04-2006, 07:54 PM
do you need someone to share the driving Gary ??

might be up for it if i can get my bike off Josh

Cool. nick his 4.2 as well. :D
fairs fair n all that.

ickle pob
27-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Cool. nick his 4.2 as well. :D
fairs fair n all that.

i know.

gutted i missed Stretton, but he had priority on the bikes.
if i can get to Wildtrax, i will be there , but now depends on the big bike calender as well, now i am racing the 125

berniehoo
27-04-2006, 08:13 PM
my 1st time on my 1st minimoto was at a race meeting,,they are far safer than a track day,,, you are all on the samne speed bikes and of the same weight,,, you line up at the back of the grid and ride round,,,its not serious, we are riding childs bikes!!! its all fun,, at stretton i run out of petrol,,came in the pits, filled up and went back out,, its all fun!! you need to come racing ady!!!! i just don,t understand why anyone would be scared of riding a childs bike round a track with a load of nutters like us lot!!!:banghead: :banghead: :eek:

ady1306
27-04-2006, 08:19 PM
riding a childs bike round a track with a load of nutters like us lot!!!:banghead: :banghead: :eek:

key words there bern................. i will be at the next one and im looking forward to it...... just didnt want to look a prat in front of everyone haha

cant wait....ady:banana:

ickle pob
27-04-2006, 08:20 PM
if you don't look a prat, you'll be the only one

berniehoo
27-04-2006, 08:27 PM
i will make sure you do mate!!! ,,,won,t sorry!! wrong word there,,, soz, won,t ,,,,thats right,,you not a prat,,, got it!!! ok,,fine

ickle pob
27-04-2006, 08:44 PM
no one wants to look daft at a race meeting,

do they

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/icklepob/IMG_7502.jpg