PDA

View Full Version : British Championship Information

judip
18-02-2002, 02:36 PM
as you can see we are actually The British Minimoto Championship not British Minimoto Racing Association. for more info you can contact ua on 0161 766 2919, e-mail jmmra@hotmail.com or check out oue web site www.minimoto.org.uk

Jaz
18-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Hi judip, i've edited the post, is it right?

judip
18-02-2002, 07:26 PM
cheers the heading is spot on

judip
22-02-2002, 01:14 PM
i thought it might be usful to let everyone know what it costs to compete at the British, so here goes...... all our meetings are two day meetings and prices are for the two days, you will need to be a member which costs £35 for adults, £25 for juniors or you can be a weekend member if you will not be attending every round for £10 per weekend
race costs are £40 for adults, £25 ponds for juniors and £50 for sidecars(this includes passengers entry at £10) and £15 for each extra class entered
saturday consists 2 practice sessions and two timed qualifying sessions for each class. sunday consists of morning warm up and four races per class with trophy presentation at the end of the day.

skunk
22-02-2002, 01:42 PM
judi,
i have a site for my aprilia and am putting a minimoto link page, would u mind if i added your site, and if possible could u put a link to my site on yours
cheers

skunk (kenny)

judip
22-02-2002, 06:20 PM
of course you can link our site, we are greatful for your support it's nice that people who move on don't forget their roots. if you let us know how to link your site we will, you can either e-mail us at jmmra@hotmail.com or get in touch with Dave at BikeThing as he is looking after our site now.

judip
17-03-2002, 10:49 AM
don't forget you don't have to be a full member to race with the British and score championship points, you can be a weekend member(cost£10) so if you live down south and are an owner rider you are all welcome, for entry forms e-mail me at jmmra@hotmail.com and i'll e-mail you a race entry form.
Remember you will be made welcome whether you attend one round or all rounds.
round 1 fri & sat 29th/30th march...........judi :D

judip
01-04-2002, 04:59 PM
ding ding, round one of the British Minimoto Championship.
Appart from driving round and round the industrial estate trying to find the circuit ( signs were up but the council took them down and charged the circuit £100 for doing it!) the start of the season went well, the sun shone for both days, the riders turned up in their droves, the marshal plan worked and our new timekeeper Yvonne Easter worked the timing system faultlessly, with only one rider having problems recording a time, it took 3 changes of transponder but eventually it worked, we think it's his magnetic personality that interfeared with the transponder!
there was lots of excellent racing and NO injuries, we had a flying sidecar passenger but he had bought julian Haywood sidecar so, as Julian said, it was having withdrawel symptoms from crashing, so the new pairing didn't have a chance really, :D
the British Championship table has some new runners and riders with a few surprizes with who's at the top of the tree for the start of 2002. as soon as we've formulated the results i'll post them here on the events forum
i hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as i did, thanks to the paddock for pulling together on marshalling and general running of the meeting, it was a pleasure to help run your meeting. see you at warden law.......judi
ps. big thanks to julian at minimoto racing for my new race suit

judip
01-04-2002, 09:11 PM
Congratulation on the time keeping by the way, it all went very
smoothly......keeping the same transponder worked well and minimised the
delays that we have seen in previous years. Also I think it should reduce
the risk of them being damaged through dropping etc. :D
Ian Develin

judip
11-04-2002, 10:41 AM
round 2 of the British Minimoto Championship will be held at Warden Law near Durham sat27th & sun 28th April, signing on will start at 10am with the sidecar f2 class ......... see ya all there :D

judip
11-06-2002, 03:47 PM
It has come to our attention that the Post Office have yet to deliver many of your Tiny bikes. If you are one of the unlucky ones don't worry you can either post a cheque and a short letter stating which classes you are in or just pay on the day. There will be not late entry fee due to the problems. Remember ALL are welcome to compete in the British Championship at whichever round you desire...See you all at Swaffham.