PDA

View Full Version : Jawa GP auto race bike - feast yer eyes!

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 02:03 PM
New from Phoenix Racing, the latest junior AUTO GP race bike, 12" wheels [to give you an idea of size], come and see it at Whilton Mill, 15/01/06!

http://www.bjauk.com/jawa50.jpg

mark11
22-12-2005, 02:05 PM
what series will this run in

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 02:16 PM
In both the SEMRC an L.C.R.R.C if there is the interest......and I think there will be!

vic
22-12-2005, 02:18 PM
when will they be available please?

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 02:20 PM
From January on basically, we had just been waiting to get certain aspects of the bike right, and for the wheels to be manufactured.....all done.

vic
22-12-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks, we will definitely have a couple of these to play with, i mean for customers to try. well done, i think there will be some good interest in these.

vic
22-12-2005, 02:47 PM
dont suppose there is any chance the red cranks will fit in them is there? lol

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Ahhhhhh, you never know!

bad ass dude
22-12-2005, 02:48 PM
wicked.....:cool:

is that rear brake hydraulics i see, and a floating swing arm with shocker....?

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Hydraulic front/rear brakes with wave discs.

front & rear suspension

12" magnesium 3 spoke race wheels with Bridgestone BT601 semi-slicks

air or water cooled engine, with an adjustable wet clutch......list goes on.

MidiMan8
22-12-2005, 02:54 PM
nice...what size carb does it run?

mark11
22-12-2005, 02:54 PM
could get costly then after it has been binned

bad ass dude
22-12-2005, 02:58 PM
list please.....:D :D :D

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Carb will be an 18mm PHBG Dell'orto.

Costly to crash? You must be kidding! It shares a lot of the same parts as it's bigger brother, here are some price examples;

Screen - £7.50

Footrest - £3.50

Brake Pedal [rear] - £4.35

Handle-bar - £5.00

Set of race tyres - £60

Still think it would be expensive?

vic
22-12-2005, 03:17 PM
cheaper than a proddy!

Phoenix Racing
22-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Yup.......cheap as chips to run.

Team Westy
22-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Carb will be an 18mm PHBG Dell'orto.

Costly to crash? You must be kidding! It shares a lot of the same parts as it's bigger brother, here are some price examples;

Screen - £7.50

Footrest - £3.50

Brake Pedal [rear] - £4.35

Handle-bar - £5.00

Set of race tyres - £60

Still think it would be expensive?

OMG.........were running in the wrong classes next year:eek:

defo somthing to look forward to in 2007/8:rolleyes:

mark11
22-12-2005, 03:24 PM
i wish my blata was that cheap to repair when its been binned
SLD SUCKS

mini_racer
22-12-2005, 05:30 PM
damn that is cheap!! how much will the bike be tho?

spaceman
22-12-2005, 06:52 PM
cheaper than a proddy!

that depends on how many times you fall off:D :D

Phoenix Racing
23-12-2005, 10:42 AM
We reckon about the cost of a top line proddy.
£2000-£2200
Which with full suspension a wet clutch etc makes it a bit of a bargain!

Kartingchamp
23-12-2005, 11:46 AM
wooooooooooowwwwwww

vic
23-12-2005, 11:50 AM
shame santa wont be bringing any this year!

mark11
23-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I will be in talks with the company that i work for after the new year about sponsoring me to do the pheonix rounds but i need to know

how much the average costs are for the season

thanks
mark

cbr6man
23-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I will be in talks with the company that i work for after the new year about sponsoring me to do the pheonix rounds but i need to know

how much the average costs are for the season

thanks
mark

Are you factoring in ALL running costs including new machine, race entries, petrol to get there etc?

Team Westy
23-12-2005, 01:31 PM
alot of money........the more the better........lol

seriously Mark......it's got to be at least 2-3 grand:eek:

mark11
23-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Are you factoring in ALL running costs including new machine, race entries, petrol to get there etc?
no just parts like fairings,tyres,pinions,sprockets,just the general running costs realy

cbr6man
23-12-2005, 01:36 PM
no just parts like fairings,tyres,pinions,sprockets,just the general running costs realy

Ok, personally without tyres you are probably looking at around 500

Tyres - 300

Entry fees - single series, one bike 360 race (600 inc practice day)

Fuel - bike 100 Car - 350

MidiMan8
23-12-2005, 01:39 PM
better not show my dad this thread :D...it would be nice to be sponsored by some one though :p

mark11
23-12-2005, 01:39 PM
so a couple of grand should see me through then realy

cbr6man
23-12-2005, 01:41 PM
so a couple of grand should see me through then realy

Yeah that will give you one hell of a year to remember ;)

Oh - try to get beer money too

so that will be 4k

12k if you get enough for your buddies ;)

mini_racer
23-12-2005, 02:15 PM
my sponcer dont pay sh** for me :( think im guna ask for abit more tho!!!

pat=rat_41
23-12-2005, 02:21 PM
if you dont ask you dont get!!

Bullet Boy
23-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Im sponsered by the local tool rental place and get all my entrance fees paid for.

Ben

Chute
23-12-2005, 02:27 PM
tool
rental
entrance

anyone see a double entendre approaching fast? :D

Bullet Boy
23-12-2005, 02:45 PM
tool
rental
entrance

wat???:confused: :confused:

Chute
23-12-2005, 02:56 PM
please ignore my warped sense of humour :D

Team Westy
23-12-2005, 02:59 PM
tool
rental
entrance

pmsl............
:eek:

*luke*
23-12-2005, 03:59 PM
im sponserd by powerboards.co.uk and i get all my stuff free!!!!!

dj Niggle
23-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Im sponsored by me dad , Beat that Lol;)

Minty
23-12-2005, 04:36 PM
im sorting a sponsorship at the miniute

but i am going down to peter crisps in rushden to ask them to pay my entrance fees:D

tomsteve
23-12-2005, 05:39 PM
i wrote a begging letter and sent it to loads of dealers and some have agreed to sponser me YAY YAY YAY!

MidiMan8
23-12-2005, 05:49 PM
i might have to get out the old paper and pen now :D

HugheskiRacing
23-12-2005, 05:49 PM
You have to remember anyone willing to hand over cash or parts likes to get something for there money.Any sponsorship be it big or small needs to be appreciated and not always taken for granted.

cbr6man
23-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Put yourself together a quality portfolio of achievements to back up good images of you and write a very well put together letter. Get it professionally printed and bound then send it out. A poorly written and presented begging letter will usually go straight in the bin.

Stacky McCrash
23-12-2005, 06:51 PM
:mad: Why do you need sponsorship? I earn less than 20k a year before tax. I have a house, 2 x cars and a proper bike to run aswell as saving up for a wedding, then try and fund a seasons minimoto racing. I cant afford to spend £300 per year on tyres, senior riders being sponsored puts me and a lot of others in my postion at a huge disadvantage, and IMO is hugely unfair. Of couse some have more to spend than others, but your talking an extra 3k over what i can spend, so hows that fair racing?

Obviously junior riders, need this money to progress in the sport, seniors do not and are just trying to scab a free ride. Any company considering sponsorship of a senior minimoto rider should back a junior who could really benefit from it instead.

Just my opinion.

HugheskiRacing
23-12-2005, 06:55 PM
:mad: Why do you need sponsorship? I earn less than 20k a year before tax. I have a house, 2 x cars and a proper bike to run aswell as saving up for a wedding, then try and fund a seasons minimoto racing. I cant afford to spend 300 per year on tyres, senior riders being sponsored puts me and a lot of others in my postion at a huge disadvantage, and IMO is hugely unfair. Of couse some have more to spend than others, but your talking an extra 3k over what i can spend, so hows that fair racing?

Obviously junior riders, need this money to progress in the sport, seniors do not and are just trying to scab a free ride. Any company considering sponsorship of a senior minimoto rider should back a junior who could really benefit from it instead.

Just my opinion.

That's motorsport for ya there will always be the have and have nots.
Sometimes it's who you know rather what you know and being in the right place at the right time.

WOOFFY
23-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Looks like I'll be sponsored by Barclaycard again this season:rolleyes:

http://www.marblealan.com/visa-mastercard.gif

Stacky McCrash
23-12-2005, 07:06 PM
That's motorsport for ya there will always be the have and have nots.
Sometimes it's who you know rather what you know and being in the right place at the right time.

yep, no probs with that at all, i got a bit hung up on the wrong point, Minimoto is not big enough to attract much sponsorship, so any it does attract should be put where it is more usefull. Anyone over the age of 16, if you dont currently have a string of MM championship top 3's to your name, your going nowhere in bike racing. so why do you need sponsorship? you dont (exept the company van at weekends). Riders like Bart Hargreaves, Sam Lucas, Willo etc (apologies to fast southern junior riders, i dont know your names) riders who are young enough to do something need money behind them not some 30 something who can pay his way anyway. For us it's a hobby, to the Junior A's and B's it's purhaps the start of a career.

Dave.

Minty
23-12-2005, 07:24 PM
:mad: Why do you need sponsorship? I earn less than 20k a year before tax. I have a house, 2 x cars and a proper bike to run aswell as saving up for a wedding, then try and fund a seasons minimoto racing. I cant afford to spend 300 per year on tyres, senior riders being sponsored puts me and a lot of others in my postion at a huge disadvantage, and IMO is hugely unfair. Of couse some have more to spend than others, but your talking an extra 3k over what i can spend, so hows that fair racing?

Just my opinion.

sound like you need a sponsor.
if you dont think others should be sponsored unless they are young then find another hobby where you do need one.

any way i doubt you would get sponsored being in a one make series...
they would just yawn and tell you to ride in a proper race series

pilsbury
23-12-2005, 07:28 PM
surely its up to the sponsors who they choose, one would imagine most of the people over 20 who are "sponsored" are most likely "supported" by a friend or member of the family like in my case, i'm supported by my dads company who provide me with vans to use to go to and from meetings, and a friend who does all my powder coating on my bikes for nothing.

Surely any help is good help, Stacky, your rant does rather sound like somebody who could do with a bit of support in their racing, or just tell the GF you're not getting married!

mini_racer
23-12-2005, 07:28 PM
yep, no probs with that at all, i got a bit hung up on the wrong point, Minimoto is not big enough to attract much sponsorship, so any it does attract should be put where it is more usefull. Anyone over the age of 16, if you dont currently have a string of MM championship top 3's to your name, your going nowhere in bike racing. so why do you need sponsorship? you dont (exept the company van at weekends). Riders like Bart Hargreaves, Sam Lucas, Willo etc (apologies to fast southern junior riders, i dont know your names) riders who are young enough to do something need money behind them not some 30 something who can pay his way anyway. For us it's a hobby, to the Junior A's and B's it's purhaps the start of a career.

Dave.

thats a VERY good point there.... my sponcership tho dont do much for me... so im guna ask them if they can start paying for my races and that

Stacky McCrash
23-12-2005, 07:30 PM
sound like you need a sponsor.
if you dont think others should be sponsored unless they are young then find another hobby where you do need one.

I really hope you make more sense in your applications to your sponsors. Why should i find another hobby? i get by with what i can afford to spend. as for the proper race series comment, well i think you just proved that at least mentally, your well within a suitable age range for sponsorship.

What will you be offering your sponsors? i can ride real quickk on all these track days i've been to? your racing pedigree is what?

Now, where might Ryan Tyers go with the right backing?

Stacky McCrash
23-12-2005, 07:36 PM
surely its up to the sponsors who they choose, one would imagine most of the people over 20 who are "sponsored" are most likely "supported" by a friend or member of the family like in my case, i'm supported by my dads company who provide me with vans to use to go to and from meetings, and a friend who does all my powder coating on my bikes for nothing.

It's financial sponsorship as mentioned in the fella's 1st post i mean, of course mates and family will if poss help out like your do.

WOOFFY
23-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Minty quit talking crap! Or was the R6 cup not a one make series??? Better tell em to go and enter a proper race series eh!:rolleyes:

Leave the political bullsh1t to those who know what it's about.

Minty
23-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I really hope you make more sense in your applications to your sponsors. Why should i find another hobby? i get by with what i can afford to spend. as for the proper race series comment, well i think you just proved that at least mentally, your well within a suitable age range for sponsorship.

if your not happy and think its unfair for people other than childen to have a sponsor you should find another hobby if it bothers you that much

Minty
23-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Now, where might Ryan Tyers go with the right backing?

a very very long way:D

mark11
23-12-2005, 07:43 PM
stacky get of ya soap box man

Stacky McCrash
23-12-2005, 07:46 PM
if your not happy and think its unfair for people other than childen to have a sponsor you should find another hobby if it bothers you that much

Well as next season will be my forth i guess i'm doing something right.

The reason i race with Lucky Devils is because there arn't any pricks like you there :)

Have a nice christmas.

Minty
23-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Well as next season will be my forth i guess i'm doing something right.

The reason i race with Lucky Devils is because there arn't any pricks like you there :)

Have a nice christmas.

maybe you are doing somthing right....

are you trying to say other race series are full of pricks....

and i will have a great christmas;)

WOOFFY
23-12-2005, 07:56 PM
maybe you are doing somthing right....

are you trying to say other race series are full of pricks....

and i will have a great christmas;)

No I think he was saying that you are a prick!:rolleyes:

23-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Stacky,

Your right.........couldn't agree more, its the kids that need the money, adults going nowhere are taking money from thoes that need it.

Minty.....your talking a lot of rubbish, wind your neck in

annett racing
23-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Interesting reading there guys.

I find that sponsorship can benefit but can also become a pain sometimes. After all most sponsors want something back in return for there support. I don't personally mind as I enjoy doing stuff like reports etc.
It is up to the sponsors to pick who they want or if they want to support anyone in the minimoto scene. After the negative publicity of minimotos sponsorship is becoming harder to find.

I would just like to thank my personal sponsors A to Z Lawnmower Services (My dads business), DnD Motorcycles, Vivaldi Racing and Wiz Racing.

Rant over.
Jonny

Roo
23-12-2005, 08:19 PM
At last, an argument that doesn't have the word 'engine' in it.

pilsbury
23-12-2005, 08:23 PM
At last, an argument that doesn't have the word 'engine' in it.

good call

or the words crank, machined, matched, ceramic, bzm or amg

mark11
23-12-2005, 08:26 PM
well i cant see what some people have got a problem with,this isnt as cheap a sport as first thought so if i can get any funding from the company that i work for whats the problem

HugheskiRacing
23-12-2005, 08:57 PM
well i cant see what some people have got a problem with,this isnt as cheap a sport as first thought so if i can get any funding from the company that i work for whats the problem

Mate if you can honestly get a couple of grand as a sponsorship package then fair play to you.
What are YOU giving them for their 2k investment??

*luke*
23-12-2005, 08:59 PM
the more money you get the more gose into the sport

Viper
23-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Or was the R6 cup not a one make series??? Better tell em to go and enter a proper race series eh!:rolleyes:

Was? has the series ended?

sonics revenge
23-12-2005, 09:16 PM
the more money you get the more gose into the sport

I have read all through this now, and as it has been interesting and thought provoking. No-one has said it better than *luke*. All of you have your good and bad points and I can't disagree with MANY of you. But sponsorship is going to be in any sport, for good or for bad, it is here. Either accept it or don't, and if you don't, fair enough, but leav it at that, because whatever people say, sponsorship (to a certain level) is good. When I say to a certain level, I mean, some sponsors control the game, e.g in football, rugby, whatever, it controls starting times and what have you. But this type of sponsorship is for the racers, not the big companies and their rich owners.

WOOFFY
23-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Was? has the series ended?

Yep!

Till 2006 :D

Thumper
24-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm nearly sponcored by

Joe Rocket = for leathers

Virgin bike insurance = Money Money Money all the way

you see by being ****y on the phone you can get a long way

this lon
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g

Harvey Wishbone
24-12-2005, 11:09 PM
aswell as saving up for a wedding,
You getting married then Stacky? Congratulations!

Stacky McCrash
24-12-2005, 11:13 PM
You getting married then Stacky? Congratulations!

Ta, We'll of been engaged for 2 years tomorrow, so yeah it's about time we made some plans! Trub is, she's starting to think abroad :)

Harvey Wishbone
24-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Ta, We'll of been engaged for 2 years tomorrow, so yeah it's about time we made some plans! Trub is, she's starting to think abroad :)
ARRRRRGGGHHHH! LOL

tomsteve
25-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Dont Do It !!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix Racing
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello! Anybody Want To Talk About Jawa Auto's? Talk About Thread Hijacking!

trasher
03-01-2006, 06:25 PM
i totally agree with stacky on this one ,,most the people with a nagative reply to his post ,hav'nt even raced a season yet ,,,:banghead: what do you know ,,,just because you think your the fastest around your local ,track you deserve a sponsorshipe ....pmsl .....your in for a rude awakening when you get to a proper meeting ,,,,,,lets see what results you get next season before you go groveling for support ,,,,to me its a hobey and a dam good laugh,,,,i got third in the supers this year but you wont see me writing letters to anyone ,,i chose this sport ,so i,ll pay for it ,,plus at 35 i aint going to be the next rossi ,,,yet some kid could be ,so give them the sponsorship
p.s sorry scottt ,huw for hijaking ,,,,the bike looks greattttttttttttttttt;)

marsh
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM

Cheaper than staying in the uk and paying for a load of relatives you don't like to sit in a room, stare across it at one another, and get battered on booze at your expense.

Anyway, nice bike, I've put my sensible comments in the other post. I quite fancy a go on one of these as it happens, sponsorship or otherwise.

Stacky McCrash
05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Hello! Anybody Want To Talk About Jawa Auto's? Talk About Thread Hijacking!

Not sure what happened, when this discussion took place the thread was called 'Sponsorship' :(

Phoenix Racing
06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Naw it was called Jawa auto etc as at the top of the page.
Some £$%^ called Mark11 just decided to change the subject into sponsorship part way through after mention of parts costs. You can see the thinking, but there's a time and more importantly a place for everything.

Phoenix Racing
17-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Just an update, production version will have new swing-arm assembly, the same as it's big brother, rear hugger and a revised front mudguard [they are not happy with mounts], the good news is that delivery will commence mid-February.

Phoenix Racing
13-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, first test "proper" with Josh Brown [and several other riders who have already ordered] was at Trax, on Sunday. The bike was superb.....read all about it in the next issue of TMM!