PDA

View Full Version : Practice In Hull

DMR
09-11-2003, 04:37 PM
For any one who is interested there is a strong possibility of a Practice night starting in Hull on Monday Evenings.

There are currently about 15 people in Hull who frequent Courts Car Park on Clough Road on various nights of the week who have managed to 'Blag' the Council into allowing them to use a Kart Track in the North Hull area. I haven't seen this track so can't vouch for its worthiness but I have been told that the council are asking for 50 for its use. The cost would likely be divided between the number of riders attending, so it could work out very cheap.

Many of the people who attend are Children riding Blatas and not actually involved in the racing scene, as yet, so this is very much a grass roots thing at the moment.

I have been asked on occasions if I knew of any practice going on in the Hull area but wasn't aware of any until a recent local press article informing of the above.

As soon as I have any definate details I will post them here, but in the meantime post any questions here and I will endeavor to answer them!

neil245
07-01-2004, 08:13 PM
hi im in hull just bought a blata for 2 lads aged 8 and 12 to use would like to join your practice sessions if they are up and running

miss_pontmercy
07-01-2004, 08:28 PM
i'm very interested when you have further details - i'm a bit wobbly to be seen out in public yet :oops: but would love to join you when you have details

DMR
08-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Details are still being finalised. In addition to this things are unlikely to get going until some time in March, due to the weather at this time of year.

I've just spoken to the gentleman concerned who said that, in the meantime, practice is still ongoing at Courts Car Park on Clough Road on both a Wednesday and Sunday night from about 7.30 on and anyone would be Welcome, ask for Shaun! I'll PM his Telephone number to you both, and anyone else on request.